Jet skiing?

kelcruzn

I love to jet ski, and being a landlocked midwesterner, don't get a chance to do it on the ocean too often. Would love to do it while on my cruise in April. I already have some (non jet skiing) excursions planned, but does anyone have any good references for jet skiing in one of the ports? Any points of caution?

Thanks!

Hello pppiglet,

My Wife's cousin owns a business in front of "Joe's Oyster Bar" with parasailing and waverunners.

You can take any taxi outside the cruise ship terminal and ask them to take you to "Joe's Oyster Bar" which is in the "Golden Zone" "Zona Dorada".

When you arrive there, just walk out onto the beach in front of Joes Oyster Bar and you will see the waverunners and parasailing...

Of course on cruise ship days, they are very busy, but drop by and they will be more than happy to set you up on either of the above.

Hope this info helps.

Fish4ever

I noticed a lot of jet skiiers in Cabo San Lucas. You can rent them in front of the hotels. The going rate was $65 per hour. The water is very beautiful (cold in February) and you could ski around the Arch, etc.

Hello pppiglet,

They are as mentioned in front of "Joe's Oyster Bar" which is located right next to Hotel Los Sabalos...

You can't miss them...

Hope this helps, and have a really great cruise.

Fish4ever

There are jetskis in front of a lot of the hotels in Mazatlan. I don't know about the other ports. When I go to Mazatlan I ride with either the Hotel Costa de Oro or the Pueblo Bonito. They also have other toys for rent. I don't remember what my husband paid for the rental of the skis..

Hope you have a fun time.

hey fish4ever..I used to take a hobiecat into Joe's waters..On one pontoon. well, not me, but the guy who sailed it. I was just the one haning out. Who is the person that owns all the toys there? It's a really fun place. You can sit and drink beer and watch the ocean and all the people..that is if you aren't having fun riding the jetskis..or the sailboats.

Hello solrpwrd,

The waverunners and the parasails in front of Joe's oyster bar are owned by my Wife's cousin. The catamaran is owned I beleive by the bar or Los Sabalos Hotel.

You are right about how fun it is at Joe's Oyster bar. You are right there on the beach. You can either sit on the sand or sit as you know, Joe's oyster bar is set up with the area where many of the tables positioned to where you can sit on the area where you can have your legs hanging over the sand while sitting at the table and enjoying the beautifull scenery of the three islands just off the beach and watching your friends or family riding the waverunners, parasailing, riding the catamaran or just swimming.

at Joe's Oyster bar they play great music all day.. When I first started to go to Mazatlan, my Wife and I would go there all the time.. It is a great place to enjoy yourself and is very peacefull.. It makes a great place to go for beautifull memories for you to enjoy for your entire life... Nothing else like it that I have done, and I have been many places.

Hope this info helps to all..

Fish4ever

Archived