Hyrdo to Capri

dotshub

Does anyone know th cost of riding to Hyrdo from Naples to Capri?

Also is it possible to do it one day-we are in port from 7 to 7? Can you squeeze in Pompii too in the same day? Thanks for any help. Dot

Here's a blog entry I did on my last visit to Naples about getting to Capri.

You could do Pompeii and Capri in the same day, although i think it would be rushed. If you were using the Circumvesuviana train to get to Pompeii then it's possible that the best way would to go on (on the train) to Sorrento after you've finished in Pompeii and get a hydrofoil from Sorrento to Capri rather than come back into Naples and get the hydro from there. That would also give you another alternative: just walk around Sorrento, and get a hydrofoil back to Naples from there. (There are hydrofoils from Sorrento to both Capri and Naples.)

This european travel is killing me. The carribbean is easier. Anyway-I printed the ferry schedule-Can you tell me what they call the Hydro (which is fastest way) Is it the one called NLC jet? Our ship will in be port from 7-7 so do you think we have time to do most everything if we do not dilly dally everywhere? Dot

Can you tell me what they call the Hydro (which is fastest way) Is it the one called NLC jet? Our ship will in be port from 7-7 so do you think we have time to do most everything if we do not dilly dally everywhere? Dot

The hydrofoils or jet boats are the ones listed in the 'Type' column as Aliscafo/Jet and which run from and back to 'Molo Beverollo'. That's the ferry station just round the corner from the Stazion Maritima, which is where the cruise ships dock.

There are several different companies running hydrofoils, e.g. Snav and 'N L G - Linea Jet'. They all use similar boats and run to / from Molo Beverollo.

This european travel is killing me. The carribbean is easier. Anyway-I printed the ferry schedule-Can you tell me what they call the Hydro (which is fastest way) Is it the one called NLC jet? Our ship will in be port from 7-7 so do you think we have time to do most everything if we do not dilly dally everywhere? Dot

I looked into to trying to see both Pompeii and Capri and came to the conclusion that it's too much travel and that there are too many logistics to enjoy the day. We did a tour with a driver guide that had a couple of hours in Pompeii and the rest of the day in the Amalfi Coast and had a great day. You just can't see or enjoy everything in one day. I don't think that's a bad thing.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived