Pearl 10664 vs 9670

hellokitty123

Hi, we're trying to decide between these two AE penthouse suites. I believe that 10664 has a larger balcony... but does it have less privacy? I think I read in CC's review of the Pearl that people above deck 10 are able to peer into the balcony of these aft suites so you're kind of on 'display'.

Thanks for your help!

Hi, we're trying to decide between these two AE penthouse suites. I believe that 10664 has a larger balcony... but does it have less privacy? I think I read in CC's review of the Pearl that people above deck 10 are able to peer into the balcony of these aft suites so you're kind of on 'display'.

Thanks for your help!

On the Jewel class ships like the Pearl, 10664 is an AD, not an AE. The interiors of the ADs and AEs are the same, but the balconies of the Deck 10 ADs are much larger (deeper) than the Deck 9 AE balconies.

On the Deck 10 AD balconies, if you are right up at the rail (and maybe a foot or so back), you can be seen by folks above you. But not elsewhere on the (very deep) balcony. You're not "on display," and the little bit you can be seen is really not a good reason NOT to book the AD suite on Deck 10, which is simply a fantastic suite with this balcony. Speaking only for myself, it's not a tough decision.

Here's a pic of the balcony of 10666 on the Jade, also an AD:

MedCruise2010630.jpg

This is the aft of the Jade. The woman in the center of the photo is standing on the balcony of 10668; two cabins to the viewer's left is 10664. You can see how little of these Deck 10 balconies is visible from above.

MedCruise20102292.jpg

Enjoy whatever you pick!

(photos by Turtles06)

Edited by Turtles06

No question about it take 10664! 10664 has the much bigger balcony and (right now) is classified as an AD while 9670 is an AE which has a smaller balcony.

The balconies are very private and provide a good mix of sun/shade throughout the day -

• 3 months later...

We are confused as we have just booked 10664 and on our booking it is classed as ~SF category. Does this one have a separate lounge area as we had on the Sun. Would like to see pictures if anyone has any please.

Many thanks

We did it! Switched from 9670 to 10164 ... 10664 was not available! Got a $300 OBC to boot!

Thanks!

We were in 10164 on the Pearl and the cabin and balcony was super. We spent many hours on the very large balcony. We've always had balcony or mini suites before and the balcony on 10164 is huge by comparison.

We are confused as we have just booked 10664 and on our booking it is classed as ~SF category. Does this one have a separate lounge area as we had on the Sun. Would like to see pictures if anyone has any please.

Many thanks

The aft AD and AE categories will be combined and re-named as (aft) SF. I think the change in category title changes go into effect after 4-17-11 on most, if not all, ships. The AD's on the Pearl are my favorite cabins! I think they are all pretty much the same on all of the NCL Jewel Class ships. Bon voyage!!

• 4 years later...