Parking in New Orleans

Jeepman88

We stayed at the Drury Inn. $89 for two people with the E-Saver rate. Included breakfast, snack type food for dinner(chili dogs, nachos, salad, etc.) and three alcoholic beverages per person, plus sodas, and $35 to park all week. Very nice hotel. Cheaper than the terminal for us!

Parking at the port is $16 is the most convenient and easiest.

Parking at the Fulton street garage is $10/day is available.

Fulton street garage would be way more reasonable. Do you know if there is a shuttle or something that runs to the Carnival terminal?

We used Drury Inn & their $35 parking deal. It's a great hotel in a good location. But if we cruise from NOLA again, we'll use the Fulton street garage. It's a long and confusing walk from Drury to do the drop-off, drive-back, & walk option. And a cab ride is $7/person for the one mile drive. We saved $15 overall as opposed to using the garage, only because I walked the first time (not again). We would've been worse off had we used the cab both times. Drury Inn then Fulton garage is my top choice.

We used Drury Inn & their $35 parking deal. It's a great hotel in a good location. But if we cruise from NOLA again, we'll use the Fulton street garage. It's a long and confusing walk from Drury to do the drop-off, drive-back, & walk option. And a cab ride is $7/person for the one mile drive. We saved $15 overall as opposed to using the garage, only because I walked the first time (not again). We would've been worse off had we used the cab both times. Drury Inn then Fulton garage is my top choice.

Do you know approx how long of a walk it is from the Drury Inn to the Port? We booked a room there and it is a $250 with the parking for the week (during the French Quarter Festival). We don't mind walking at all, but if it is considered an unsafe area would prefer not to. We will only have 2 pieces of rolling luggage.

Do you know approx how long of a walk it is from the Drury Inn to the Port? We booked a room there and it is a $250 with the parking for the week (during the French Quarter Festival). We don't mind walking at all, but if it is considered an unsafe area would prefer not to. We will only have 2 pieces of rolling luggage.

It's listed as being 0.8 miles from the port, which may be accurate, but the zig-zagging at the river adds some distance. I'm guessing that we drove around 2.5 miles to get there, as it sends you way way to the west to then circle you all the way back to the east. We did the drop-off, drive-back, park, & walk option. So I did the walk, carrying nothing. I did feel safe while walking. But when you get to the river, you must go upstairs onto the riverwalk to make your way to the west the remaining 3 or 4 blocks, then back downstairs to the terminal entrance. Unfortunately, the entrance to the riverwalk was closed / locked. I couldn't get on it, so I stayed down and walked where I wasn't supposed to. I didn't feel safe in that area, because of the cars on a narrow one-way road. It was either that or walk the entire length of where you have to drive and add well over a mile. I walked a little less than 1.5 miles. That riverwalk thing is weird, and I've heard that it is often closed. Walkers to the port are then in trouble. There may be some secret alternate route better than adding the extra mile to mile & a half, but I don't know it. So I broke a few rules.:rolleyes:

If you do remove the cruise parking charge from Drury Inn & instead park at Fulton, keep in mind that Drury will still charge parking for the night(s) you're with them. The cab rates from Drury to the terminal are $7/person each way, and the driver may try to add in an extra dollar or two to the rate.

• 1 month later...
Please advise how debarkation and using the Fulton Street Parking?

I also would like to know if you have to reserve in advance or not?

We did not have a reservation and there was plenty of parking on the 4th floor and above.

When we debarked, we went right back to the place where the shuttle initially let us on of embarkation day and a shuttle pulled up a few minutes later to take us back to the garage.

I got the $99 special at Holiday Inn Superdome, which includes free cruise parking. For a 7 day cruise, especially, it is worth it.

Do you know how far the hotel is from the cruise terminal?

About what is the taxi fare from the cruise terminal back to the HI Superdome?

Do you know how far the hotel is from the cruise terminal?

About what is the taxi fare from the cruise terminal back to the HI Superdome?

$7 per person from hotel to terminal.

• 2 weeks later...

I am planning on parking in the Fulton Garage and I called them a couple of days ago and the gentleman I spoke to said there would be no need to reserve or pay in advance but I would go to their site and give them a call if you are going during a "peek" time (ie Festivals, Spring Break, Christmas, ect).

Hope this helps!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked parking at the Fulton Place Parking Center for the first week of March. Officialy the garage is full for Mardi Gras parties and parade crews. At first it would not allow me to book on line. I talked to the manager, he opened up a spot for me at the special cruise rate of $10 a day and I quickly booked it on line. They do take your credit card number when reserving a spot but it is not charged until you check in he told me. Free shuttle service to and from the cruise ship terminal is provided. Beats paying $16 a day to the cruise ship terminal.

• 2 weeks later...
It's listed as being 0.8 miles from the port, which may be accurate, but the zig-zagging at the river adds some distance. I'm guessing that we drove around 2.5 miles to get there, as it sends you way way to the west to then circle you all the way back to the east. We did the drop-off, drive-back, park, & walk option. So I did the walk, carrying nothing. I did feel safe while walking. But when you get to the river, you must go upstairs onto the riverwalk to make your way to the west the remaining 3 or 4 blocks, then back downstairs to the terminal entrance. Unfortunately, the entrance to the riverwalk was closed / locked. I couldn't get on it, so I stayed down and walked where I wasn't supposed to. I didn't feel safe in that area, because of the cars on a narrow one-way road. It was either that or walk the entire length of where you have to drive and add well over a mile. I walked a little less than 1.5 miles. That riverwalk thing is weird, and I've heard that it is often closed. Walkers to the port are then in trouble. There may be some secret alternate route better than adding the extra mile to mile & a half, but I don't know it. So I broke a few rules.:rolleyes:

If you do remove the cruise parking charge from Drury Inn & instead park at Fulton, keep in mind that Drury will still charge parking for the night(s) you're with them. The cab rates from Drury to the terminal are $7/person each way, and the driver may try to add in an extra dollar or two to the rate.

Do you remember about how long it took you to do the full Drive/Drop/Return/Park/Walk bit? If the weather is icky, I will probably change my mind and we'll take a cab.

• 2 weeks later...
Grrrr!!! That's what I get for not booking when I first learned about this garage. *sigh*

I dont know when you first learned of this garage, but its been $12 a day for at least a year and a half...you would have had to book it a very very long time ago or get the manager to give you a special rate like the person above said they got from the manager.

Archived