Tri rail MIA to FLL port

garlicdaddy

Anybody have an opinion or experience with taking the train from MIA to FLL. We'll be arriving in MIA ~5p on Friday, and are staying that night at Hyatt Place near FLL.

Thinking it's not worth the "adventure" of taking the train, but don't know. Would sure be cheaper. Would love your thoughts.

While searching around here on CC, I saw one post that the train can get stuck for hours. Don't know how often that happens. Anyone?

Also don't know how we get from the gate to the train in MIA. Is that a hassle? Especially while wrestling with my princess, daughter, and son's giant suitcases?

Thanks for your opinions! We're getting on the Oasis of the Seas in February, and are starting to get excited!! This is my very first post.

Anybody have an opinion or experience with taking the train from MIA to FLL. We'll be arriving in MIA ~5p on Friday, and are staying that night at Hyatt Place near FLL.

Thinking it's not worth the "adventure" of taking the train, but don't know. Would sure be cheaper. Would love your thoughts.

While searching around here on CC, I saw one post that the train can get stuck for hours. Don't know how often that happens. Anyone?

Also don't know how we get from the gate to the train in MIA. Is that a hassle? Especially while wrestling with my princess, daughter, and son's giant suitcases?

Thanks for your opinions! We're getting on the Oasis of the Seas in February, and are starting to get excited!! This is my very first post.

Firstly, ignore anyone's advice who has not taken it but only heard about it.

Secondly, with that much luggage, rent a car or get a shuttle.

Yes, it can get stuck. It shares the rails with freight trains and Amtrak and they have seniority. However I've heard it doesn't happen very often any longer.

Hi- I agree with BlueHerons. Too much struggling with luggage, etc. and at rush hour. Car rental would be the best or a car service.

Once in awhile someone gets stuck on the tracks and the accident will cause a big delay.

By the time you get to Ft. Lauderdale , it will be dark.

Minimize your troubles,

M.A.

You cannot get the train at MIA. The train station is about a 10-minute taxi ride from the airport. Then you would have to get a taxi once you get off at the Ft. Lauderdale station. You are better off either renting a car, taking a taxi from MIA to your hotel, or taking the Super Shuttle.

A taxi from MIA will run in the $85-100+ range; Supershuttle just to FLL is usually about $40 each. Larry's Limos has been suggested on these boards for service from MIA. A rental car is likely your best bet. Good luck! :)

Archived