Cut off date ?

bluehenfan

I have a cruise booked for 1/9 for 4 of us. Yesterday, my coworker who was sailing with us, called to say she may not be able to go due to work. She will know for sure on Friday (tomorrow) . Another friend said if that's the case, she would be happy to go in coworker's place. It was not booked with ES rate. Is it possible to change guest at this point? We're exactly 30 days from cruise. Want to wait until I know for sure on Fri. before I call Carnival, but curious to know now.

I have a cruise booked for 1/9 for 4 of us. Yesterday, my coworker who was sailing with us, called to say she may not be able to go due to work. She will know for sure on Friday (tomorrow) . Another friend said if that's the case, she would be happy to go in coworker's place. It was not booked with ES rate. Is it possible to change guest at this point? We're exactly 30 days from cruise. Want to wait until I know for sure on Fri. before I call Carnival, but curious to know now.

Unless I am completely wrong there is no problem with a name change under your circumstances (to everyone who goes off on the ES tangent OP said they are not booked ES). I believe that the fee is $50. (as far as I know since you can book even on the day of sailing there is should be no problem with a name change even on the day of sailing).

Nope, ES allows for no name changes whatsoever!!! You could add the extra person at the 3rd/4th rate but unless your co-worker had insurance that covers cancelling for work reasons, he/she is out of luck.

OP said they are NOT booked ES yes you can change for a $50 name change fee

Thanks for the replies. I am hoping original person can go, but other friend said she has a passport so no need to start worrying about proper ID, and since person she would be replacing was only paying 4th person rate she had no problem with cost including any penalty fee.( I made sure I mentioned it wasn't booked with ES rate because I already know the answer to cancelling when using ES rate )

Archived