Blue Bay Resort

OSUKNIGHT

yes you can.We were there a month ago on Millie. The ships beach tour was cancelled so 4 of us got a taxi at the port who took us to the Blue Bay Resort.

Think the taxi fare was about $10 each way. I think the admission to Blue was roughly the same.

Good beach, plenty of shade under trees / umbrellas.

Good beach bar and a restaurant.

Simple showers in the rest rooms.

Nice and quiet and laid back.

Taxi picked us up at the time stated.

Good experience.

yes you can.We were there a month ago on Millie. The ships beach tour was cancelled so 4 of us got a taxi at the port who took us to the Blue Bay Resort.

Think the taxi fare was about $10 each way. I think the admission to Blue was roughly the same.

Good beach, plenty of shade under trees / umbrellas.

Good beach bar and a restaurant.

Simple showers in the rest rooms.

Nice and quiet and laid back.

Taxi picked us up at the time stated.

Good experience.

Thank you. I might give it a try.

• 1 month later...

I sent Blue Bay an email and received a response the same day. Below is their response:

Thank you for your e-mail. The costs to enter our beautiful beach is Nafl.15, - (about $8,-).

This is including the use of parking space, swimming pool, beach chairs, lounge beds, showers and restrooms.

You don’t have to make a reservation!

Kind regards,

Reservations Department

I think I'll give it a try.

• 3 weeks later...
When we were there in 2008, there were lots of taxis right near the ship. They will take people to most parts of the island as it is only 35 miles long!

Great. Thank you.

We hope to visit Blue Bay on our upcoming cruise next month.

What about diving there. I see on their web site that there is a link to Diveversity. Do the dives leave from Blue Bay? I told my husband to email them to ask. So far he has not contacted them yet.

He is a certified PADI diver and wants to dive there.

We were there two weeks ago. Unable to dive due to ear issues:(, but we saw people diving. It was a shore entry dive. the reef was not a far swim from the beach. Actually my husband went out and snorkeled the reef and said he could see the divers. We saw some getting out of the water and walking back to the dive shop.

Great. Thank you.

We hope to visit Blue Bay on our upcoming cruise next month.

What about diving there. I see on their web site that there is a link to Diveversity. Do the dives leave from Blue Bay? I told my husband to email them to ask. So far he has not contacted them yet.

He is a certified PADI diver and wants to dive there.

Great diving at Blue Bay....just have to go to the right for a great dive. Diveversity is the dive shop located at Blue Bay and Hooks Hut and Holiday Beach. They are PADI instructors also.

Great diving at Blue Bay....just have to go to the right for a great dive. Diveversity is the dive shop located at Blue Bay and Hooks Hut and Holiday Beach. They are PADI instructors also.

Thank you.

We were originally planning to go to Hooks Hut, but have decided to go to Blue Bay instead.

We are looking forward to our day in Curacao!

Archived