How do you carry liquor on board?

dm5201

My husband and I are going on our first cruise March 6 on the Princess. It's also our 30th wedding anniversary. I wanted to pack a bottle of champagne. How do you pack something like that so it doesn't explode? Thanks for your time. Donna

I would purchase it in the port after your flights. If you are going out of Fort Lauderdale, there is a Total Wines & More near the cruise terminal. It is an easy cab ride.

Princess allows you to bring on champagne, so I would just carry it in your carryon

Total Wines in FLL is fantastic. I have never seen a wine shop with so many wines on display for sale. Princess will allow you to bring your wine aboard. They do charge a corking fee if you take your bottle into the MDR to consume with your meal. I took 12 bottles (a case) last cruise in a well marked wine shipping box that I got at Total Wines and checked it with my luggage. It arrived in my stateroom in fine condition. I took all the goodies out of the little refrigerator and put the wine in there. We had wine every night on the balcony of our stateroom as the sun set. If you are only taking one bottle, carry it on and then you will know it has not been manhandled. BTW you can buy more at each port and bring it aboard.

Personally we have packed it in the grocery bag that we purchased it in. Makes it so we do not have to worry about explosion in the luggage. Bit of a pain when it comes down to time before one can get into their stateroom, but always has worked for us.

Personally we have packed it in the grocery bag that we purchased it in. Makes it so we do not have to worry about explosion in the luggage. Bit of a pain when it comes down to time before one can get into their stateroom, but always has worked for us.

OP is sailing on Princess, so the cabins will be ready when they board.

Archived