Lines/rooms with walk-in closet

lipping larry's daughter

Considering a 7-day cruise with our 2+yo DS. Can anyone recommend a cruise line (though we're leaning toward NCL or Carnival for the camp option) and room type that has a walk-in closet large enough to put the little guy's pack 'n play?

Alternate option is, of course, two connecting rooms.

Thanks much!

The JS cabins on the Royal Caribbean ships have walk in closets. Not all JS cabins have them because we had an AFT on Indy and we didn't have one. But then we did in our AFT on Grandeur.

But if you went with the Freedom class, then you would have the nursery and the Baby Splash zone for him to play in. And the JS would have the bath tub in it for you to bath him in. The Freedom class is Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, Independence of the Seas.

I would ask around on the Royal Caribbean board which JS's had them and which don't before you book.

This was our closet in our AFT JS on Grandeur of the Seas. (please excuse the mess...lol)

056.jpg

The Junior Suites on Princess have walk in closets. Also, regular cabins on Regent have the biggest walk in closets I've ever seen. You have to get the highest category suites on mass market lines to get the large closets. On RCI, the royal suites have great closets, and you'd have to get a Celebrity suite or higher for a walk in closet on Celebrity.

i get that you want your 2yo to be undisturbed, but putting him/her in the closet seems....wrong to me. thngs can fall off hangers or shelves, or a 2yo can grab things and pull then down. on our next cruise, we're doing a grand suite on the allure and tucking the PnP into the alcove by the door.

On Royal Caribbean there are "Family Oceanview Rooms" (not suites), which have a little "extra" room (with bunks), where a little crib can also fit. These are usually not bookable online for just 3 people, though, but we were able to get it once when our son was 9 months old.

The other thing is that many cruiselines/ships have curtains, either between the sleeping area and the sitting area, or between the room and the little hallway/changing area. So, if it's just a matter of privacy, drawing the curtain should do the trick.

Of course, our son slept with us in the same room at home until he was almost 2, and our 16 month old daughter still sleeps with us, so I'm pretty comfortable with them in the same room. If you need real privacy, then only adjoining rooms will do.

Archived