8:30pm departure-what time to we have to be onboard?

Luckyroot

Sailing on the Coral Princess 6/11/11 southbound out of Whittier.

We're planning on taking a day cruise of Prince William Sound, after arriving at 12:05pm on the train. What is the latest you can get onboard? The PWS day cruise leaves at 1:30pm returns at 5:30pm. 26 Glaciers leaves at 12:30pm and returns at 5:30pm. With 26 Glaciers, we won't have time to check in prior to the day cruise. Will we still have enough time to collect our luggage from their storage kiosk, turn it over to the porters, get checked in and be onboard without worrying?

I can't decide between 26 Glaciers and Prince William Sound cruises. 26 Glaciers is an hour longer and sees more glaciers. We're taking my mom on a once in a lifetime cruise (she's going to be 80) so I want her to see and do as much as she can - but I DON'T want her stressing over anything (i.e. getting onboard in time).

Suggestions?

I would confirm this with Princess but normally one must be on the ship at least 90 minutes before sailing on embarkation day. I would also add pad to all of this just in case you encounter delays with the excursion and luggage pickup and transfer. Remember you have a lot to do on embarkation day including getting settled on the ship and unpacked.

Keith

There is no issues with the timing, those tours are in contact with Princess as many people take those tours before cruising. One advantage of taking those tours is you can walk right onto the ship, there are no lines waiting to get on.

This past July we took the Prince William Sound and I highly recommend it. I know some others that took the 26 Glaciers and they said it was too fast, that you never stayed at any glacier long enough. With PWS we stayed at a couple for a solid 10-15 mins which gives more of a chance to see something occur. Also the food on PWS is great, just a perfect way to start off your cruise.

Which ever you choose have a great time

All tours from the ship are aligned with the ship schedule.

Given that all the private operators get 99.9% of their revenue from the ships I got to assume they are well aware of the ship's schedule and don't lose revenue with bad schedules.

But as the other poster said confirm with the operator, if ship tour you got no worries.

I have a question, can you book the pws/26 glacier tour thru the cruiseline if you haven't been on the cruise yet, also wonder if people who book thru the ship will be on the same tour as if one booked independently? Then, my as well book independently, correct? I'm leaning towards the 26 glaciers and then head to cruiseline, be back like posted above will be 5:30 so we should have plenty of time you think? Thanks have a good week at work :)

Archived