Purchasing photo album onboard?

Grammar Goddess

Awhile back, I read on one of these posts about a photo album deal onboard. Now I can't find it. :confused: Does anyone know anything about purchasing an album that includes both the professional photos taken onboard and at the ports and the possibility of adding personal photos? Seems it was bound and took a month or so to arrive post-cruise.

Perhaps it can be bought online ahead of time??

Just having a senior moment about this.

Thanks so much for any help. :)

GG

Yes, Princess offers a bound photo/journal book through Panraven. There are several packages that can be purchased. The more expensive package will include any photos you purchase on board done by the on-board photograhers, plus you can add in your own photos by downloading them to their site, plus they have a whole range of professional stock photos for your use. The "story" comes pre-constructed with text about the ports and the ship, but you can add, delete and move things around. Their site is very easy to use. We got a deal on a half off package and had a great time putting our book together. IMO it's well worth it.

We just got off the Emerald this past Wednesday. I don't know if you could purchase the book by itself as I did not ask, but if you purchased X number of photos, the book was given to you for free; 3 for elite or 5 if you were not elite plus if you wanted the digital image to be able to download into the book the cost was an additional $9.95 per image. One more catch; if you live in the United States S and H was an additional $9.95 but outside of the US it was $24.95. I did do what I needed to do to get the book and now am getting ready to start working on it.

Thanks so much for the info, Luvmyrotti. How do I go about purchasing the album? I didn't understand the Panraven reference??

What package did you buy? How much did it cost? :confused:

Any info will be appreciated. We leave on Saturday! Can hardly wait!

GG

You purchase the album by stopping by the photo desk while on-board.

Panraven is the company that makes the album; you go through them to actually place the order once you get home. (But it is pre-paid on-board.)

For a great rundown on the photo books see this thread. It will give you links to books that other cruisers have done. http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1158706

However I personally use another company as I find them much cheaper than Panraven due to their costs for extra pages and high shipping cost to the UK

Just so everyone knows - the Panraven albums with the ship pics and yours added in are not available on all ships. I was really disappointed that the OP didn't even offer it. I spoke with the photo dept. manager and he said that the ships that have very changeable itineraries will not have that capability. According to him, only the ships that have a pretty regular schedule will have the Panraven offer. He said those doing the same basic itinerary for longer than 6 weeks would have them. :(

Just got off the Island Princess trans-Panama Canal, and they had it for $9.95. I got one a few years ago for Alaska and really liked it, so got this one too. Depending on your status with Princess, you can pay a bit more or get it for the cost of a few pictures. We bought 4 pictures and got the book, some may have you buying 5 or on the other side, 3.

About 2 weeks after sailing they will post the Princess pictures in your account, but you can access the book and download your pictures as soon as you get home. Another nice thing is you can share your book with friends for free. (electronic, of course). Very easy to use and build!

I purchased the book on Emerald in July. I had until October 31st to finish arranging my photos. Very very happy with the experience. My only trouble was a lack of a 800 number to call when my browser would not let me work with the Panraven site.I will do it again.

Archived