Princess Web - Strange

poffles

Canadian here, and I'm discovering that cruise prices on the Princess site are listing less when I log in than when I'm not being logged in. Both show as CAD prices and they list about $100 difference base price on an interior per person. Can't figure out which price is the accurate price. I am a first time cruiser so there is no reason for my account to get any discount pricing and the difference is before I pick a cabin or anything, it's on the initial page.

Seems odd to me.

Yes, when you log in the prices do drop on some cruises if you have sailed before. I see from your tag you have sailed on the Ruby, so you qualify for a return customer pricing. As for CAD, it knows that you are Canadian, or wherever you are from and the pricing is as such. I like that feature of the Princess website, as other cruiselines give you in USD every time and "convert" it, sometimes not using a current exchange rate.

Yes, when you log in the prices do drop on some cruises if you have sailed before. I see from your tag you have sailed on the Ruby, so you qualify for a return customer pricing. As for CAD, it knows that you are Canadian, or wherever you are from and the pricing is as such. I like that feature of the Princess website, as other cruiselines give you in USD every time and "convert" it, sometimes not using a current exchange rate.

My oversite, I had to cancel that cruise and forgot to remove from my signature, I am a first time Princess cruiser so should not go down with a login. The CAD before and after a login should be the same but it isn't and they are both CAD which I know is because it knows I am in Canada.

Oh well.

Perhaps this is a glitch in the Princess site. It seems that since you booked (and canceled) a prior cruise, it is treating you like a past passenger. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. If you book while logged in, it sounds like you will get the past passenger pricing.:) One way to find out is look under your captains circle account and see how many cruises they have you down for.

Perhaps this is a glitch in the Princess site. It seems that since you booked (and canceled) a priorws cruise, it is treating you like a past passenger. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. If you book while logged in, it sounds like you will get the past passenger pricing.:) One way to find out is look under your captains circle account and see how many cruises they have you down for.

Shows 0 sailed so must be a glitch.

We have been on 3 previous Princess cruises, and when I log in the price is HIGHER for the June British Isles cruise for some minis than they are if I don't log in. Strange. We are from the US.

Makes no sense does it. And it seems to depend on the cruise you select cause other ones that I look at show the same price either way.

Oh well, it is what it is ... for now :-)

We got a lower rate for returning Princess customer but when there was a price decrease our friends (new Princess customers) got the decrease but we didn't since the decreased price brought it down to what we were already paying.

Also, being in Canada the prices always show in Canadian dollars and there's no switch on the Princess site to change this. Because I booked with a TA in the U.S. I need to track prices in U.S. dollars so I need to use an American proxy server to check them. Royal pita but at least it's a workaround.

Pricing can be very strange at times. There is regional pricing, past passenger pricing, and sometimes, pricing discounts for certain cabin categories. Last July, when we were making final payment for our September cruise, my cabin (a balcony) was reduced substantially whereas my sister, in an obstructed view cabin, wasn't. I wound up paying only about $100 more for my balcony. Just before sailing, to add insult to injury, I was upgraded to an AA mini-suite.

FYI, websites identify where you are from your IP address. This information is available for every website you visit along with a surprising amount of information such as your browser and version, how long you spent on each page, etc.

Princess website has been acting up for me (Canadian pricing) for a couple of weeks now, on and off. Logged in , not logged in prices change and sometimes there is a OBC for my BB, and sometimes not.

Also, last night again, the price when logged in was $500 more than the price I saw a couple of days ago for same date, cabin category etc.

There is a problem with the Princess website for Canadian pricing.

Call a TA and get them to price it for you and also try some online agencies to get an idea of what the price is.

Princess website was back to normal for me when I tried just now.

Now the site is even worse for me. My current email login would not work after many many tries. I finally decided to try my old email (that I changed from many months ago) and it worked. It’s as if the site has reverted back to old records and it dropped the email address change I made that has worked for months. So strange.

That aside, it still does the price drop after I login?? I just accept this site is strange and take it for what it is. And again, I am not talking about CAD conversion as both quotes are in CAD before and after login. And for the record, I hate their feature of automatic CAD pricing as I would rather do my own math with current exchange rates. I would like to have the option of viewing either US or CAD pricing. I think that Princess, in their attempts to make their site smarter, actually causes more issues.

My gripe for today LOL

We have been on 3 previous Princess cruises, and when I log in the price is HIGHER for the June British Isles cruise for some minis than they are if I don't log in. Strange. We are from the US.

Welcome to the mystery's of Princess revenue management...

Sometimes when my wife logs-in with her CC number the prices are different than my log-in prices. Complete mystery !!! :confused:

Srpilo

Now the site is even worse for me. My current email login would not work after many many tries. I finally decided to try my old email (that I changed from many months ago) and it worked. It’s as if the site has reverted back to old records and it dropped the email address change I made that has worked for months. So strange.

That aside, it still does the price drop after I login?? I just accept this site is strange and take it for what it is. And again, I am not talking about CAD conversion as both quotes are in CAD before and after login. And for the record, I hate their feature of automatic CAD pricing as I would rather do my own math with current exchange rates. I would like to have the option of viewing either US or CAD pricing. I think that Princess, in their attempts to make their site smarter, actually causes more issues.

My gripe for today LOL

I do my comparison by going to the U.S. site for T. O' C., online agencies will give you the option of putting in Can. or U.S. funds.

And I know what you are experiencing with the princess site. I've had problems off and on with it for quite a while. Yesterday, it would not accept my log in but today it did.

Welcome to the mystery's of Princess revenue management...

Sometimes when my wife logs-in with her CC number the prices are different than my log-in prices. Complete mystery !!! :confused:

Srpilo

Have you ever tried to figure out airline pricing?

Archived