Fine Dining in Vancouver

SuzMate

Our ship is in Vancouver until midnight this spring so we plan on dinning in the city. We like really good food and are willing to pay for it... any suggestions?

http://dinehere.ca/r/vancouver?p=6&f=30&min=20

Most of these are excellent. Bishop's is an institution. Seasons in the Park has a great location, I don't like Il Giardino because of the crowds, and Hy's is just a steak house.

Or come to the North Shore and try La Regalade http://www.laregalade.com or Salmon House on the Hill.(Many websi The first for fine French Bistro style food (come hungry!) the second for great Seafood paired with great B.C. Wines, and a view that you can not find anywhere else! The restaurant is situated high up and all tables have a view out over the city, the harbour and well beyond. They do not seem to have an official website, but I would dine there in a fraction of a heartbeat any day of the week.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Our ship is in Vancouver until midnight this spring so we plan on dinning in the city. We like really good food and are willing to pay for it... any suggestions?

just saw this post im probably too late...in my opinion if you want absolute fine dining and enjoy steak, then Gothams steakhouse is the finest

Or come to the North Shore and try La Regalade www.laregalade.com or Salmon House on the Hill.(Many websi The first for fine French Bistro style food (come hungry!) the second for great Seafood paired with great B.C. Wines, and a view that you can not find anywhere else! The restaurant is situated high up and all tables have a view out over the city, the harbour and well beyond. They do not seem to have an official website, but I would dine there in a fraction of a heartbeat any day of the week.

I'll second the recommendation for la regalade, although a bit of a trek from downtown.

Bishops or West if you want a BC experience. Based on how great my meal was there a few days ago, I would choose Bishops over West, which seems to have slipped a notch recently (I've been there about 10 times, most recently was about a month ago). For seafood, regardless of what others say, BlueWater is the best for interesting items, raw bar, etc. C is good too but I find Rain City over-rated. Last month at BlueWater, for instance, I had jellyfish, geoduck, and urchin, and a bunch of other things that other places shy away from. Chef there has won many award awards.

And see http://www.straight.com/goldenplates/grouping/2011/all from a local newspaper. But also take with a grain of salt...these things often skew away from the really great ones in that many voters either don't like some of the really high-end places because of the price, or haven't actually eaten there because of it so the lower-end ones get more votes.

Last month at BlueWater, for instance, I had jellyfish, geoduck, and urchin, and a bunch of other things that other places shy away from. Chef there has won many award awards. .

Likely why I don't go here. Different strokes folks. Lol

Archived