Rhapsody of the seas NZ Cruise Reviews

livingstone

Hi All

We are currently on the NZ cruise , just a quick stop in Rotaruoa and a few min for a quick post. Ship, fantastic overall, entertainment great productions, but the Rhapsody of the seas singers struggle to stay on key (just like PO singers) food, compares well with PO if not a little better at times, transfers to ports, not to expensive (pretty good value actually) cabins inside ( you need to be good friends) entertainment, OK but they are a little poor on communication with cancelled events. overall, I would give them a 7/10. the comon areas are great, shops a bit bare, with not much to buy, watches are a good bargin, citizen in paticular. washing is good value, with 2 15 dollar bag days this cruise. getting around once off the ship very easy in NZ. JUST NEEDED THE ON CAR IN TARAGNA for rotarua.Oh the service is great all over the ship. Hey more to come when we return. we have two more port days and a couple of sea days. see you all soon.

Hey Livingstone...glad your having fun and looking after the ship for us before we get on.... I loved Tauranga and Rotorua....Was rapt that the ship pulled in and all the rent a cars were at the port....

Whats been your favourtite activity so far? How much is bingo?

Look forward to hearing on all the goss :)

I was on the Nov 8th sailing and felt the same as you about the shops on board, never been on another cruise where the shelves were so bare. I also noticed that some of the merchandise seemed to be left overs from the season in Alaska ( jade pendants in the shape of a bear or moose for instance.)

Not that it ruined my cruise, just gave me more money to spend on drinks, but I was surprised that RCI wasn't making better use of an opportunity to increase revenues.

Hi All

food, compares well with PO if not a little better at times

Scarey comparing food with P&O :eek::eek::eek::p (well compared to my PJ cruise)

In all seriousness, it better be A LOT better :cool:

Thanks for the update Livingstone :D

Scarey comparing food with P&O :eek::eek::eek::p (well compared to my PJ cruise)

In all seriousness, it better be A LOT better :cool:

Thanks for the update Livingstone :D

In 2008/2009 food on the pacific dawn was great in the dinning room, although the service on that ship was less than average.

Did RCI offer an Australian/new Zealand wine package? Anyone remember the cost?

They do offer packages, it varies on price to the standard of wine and how many bottles you want in the package, There is gold, diamond and platinum packages. :)

I have heard that RCI offers wine packages specifically for the Australian market and PAX are not able to preorder them from their USA website. I have prepurchased wine packages on their website for several of their cruises I have been on. Curious if the Australian/New Zealand packages are comparible to the other wine packages. I was hoping someone may have taken a photo or written down the package offerings.

Archived