Summit still using Pan Am pier in PR?

topsailgirl

I am sailing on Summit in three weeks out of San Juan and arriving day of sail. Want to make sure I head for the right place to get on the ship! Is the Pan Am pier still the place?

Do all Celebrity ships use the Pan Am pier? We are visting San Juan on Eclipse in Jan.

Hi,

I recently cruised on the Summit (Nov. 27 to Dec. 4, 2010) and we departed from the Pan Am Pier. However, I think the Celebrity ships use the pier near Old San Juan when they stop at San Juan as a port of call during a cruise. I have seen the Solstice docked at the pier near Old San Juan during its cruises that depart from Florida.

Chuck

Do all Celebrity ships use the Pan Am pier? We are visting San Juan on Eclipse in Jan.

Only the X and RC ships that have embarkation in SJ sail from the Pan Am pier which is in the Isla Grande sector that is across the San Antonio canal from Old San Juan. Ships that are there for a port stop, like the Eclipse, dock at the OSJ piers so they are right at the old town sector. In the shot below you can see the Summit docked at the Pan Am pier and on the other side of the canal you can see the eastern portion of OSJ.

DSC06595a.jpg

Archived