I need info on insurance.

Ships R Great

We always buy and have never needed to use it, thank goodness. But now we have a dilemna. We want to book a cruise for October. Due to health concerns for DH we need to buy insurance. But they tell us there must be no meds changes in the last 60 days. Well, guess what? The Dr. just changed his meds and will be changing them a lot over the next months, I suspect. So the insurance will do us no good if down the line we have to cancel. What to do? What to do? We need advice from someone who might have had the same problem. Thanks in advance.

I believe the company that I am looking into for travel insurance will waive the pre-existing condition clause if you purchase your insurance within 10 days of booking your trip, you are medically able to travel at that time, and you haven't filed a claim for trip cancellation due to a pre-existing condition in the last 180 days. So if you haven't booked your trip yet or you just booked it this week you might still be okay. You can download the policy specifics at their web site. Always make sure you speak to a live person before making any decisions, though.

travelinsured.com

800-243-2440

You need to check on that again, because I don't know of any insurance that waives your policy if you change meds within 60 days. That's something that's impossible to do. I have a number of pre-existing conditions such as asthma and allergies and I have to switch meds a lot, but there's never, ever a question about medications. If you purchase the insurance within 10 to 14 days of your initial booking, pre-existing conditions are covered.

which many good insurance companies offer such as CSA which I use since they also cover for cancelled flights due to bad weather (blizzards, hurricanes, tornedos, etc) as many want 24 hour airport shutdown (Access America) or they do not ocer "Act of God" as cruiseline insurance doesn't.

We booked with Travelguard for our October Galaxy cruise. They will waive pre-existing conditions since booked within 15 days of deposit on cruise. CruiseCare (Celeb's ins.) doesn't waive pre-existing even tho she said they would weigh each claim individually. Thanks for the information, everyone.

Archived