Waitlisted

CroneWynd

Has anyone booked a waitlisted cabin category?

We are booked on the Sapphire, in March - and the category we selected is waitlisted. We could either pay more, and move to a different category (not really what we want to do), or we could downgrade to a lower cat, and get a confirmed booking (also not what we want to do). :(

Our TA is fairly confident that it will come through for us... but I'm nervous. This is a cruise we really want to do, but we have a budget.

Good stories? Please? :rolleyes:

If it were me, I would book the lower category and waitlist for the one you really want. That way you would be assured of being on the cruise, even if the waitlist doesn't open up. Keep in mind, that location is one of the main differences in the types of categories, the staterooms will be the same. ;)

Group space has probably not been recalled yet, so hang in there. Once that starts, more cabins will most likely become available.

Check inventory daily, especially as it gets closer to your final payment time. Once the final payments are made (the official Princess final payment date, not an arbitrary date your TA may use), watch the inventory even more often. If you don't see a cabin open up that you want, you might want to opt for the next best choice at that point. Good luck! :)

Group space has probably not been recalled yet, so hang in there. Once that starts, more cabins will most likely become available.

Check inventory daily, especially as it gets closer to your final payment time. Once the final payments are made (the official Princess final payment date, not an arbitrary date your TA may use), watch the inventory even more often. If you don't see a cabin open up that you want, you might want to opt for the next best choice at that point. Good luck! :)

Thanks, that is encouraging! I'd forgotten about group space and TA blocks being released closer in - probably why my TA was trying to smooth my ruffled feathers and encouraging me to wait! :p

Yes.. It is amazing to me the number of cabins that became available after the final payment date. The cruise we are booked on showed all cabin categories wait listed. (We felt fortunate we booked early) Now there are cabins available in most categories.

Archived