Cartagena Shuttle

bandt

Hi folks

Has anyone been to Cartagena with Azamara?

We would like to know if the "Shuttle service to/from port communities at no charge, where available" is provided in Cartagena. We would like to do a walk-around tour on our own and it would be convenient to have the shuttle since we won't have local currency before visiting an ATM.

I called Azamara but the lady did not have the information and asked me to check on board. It would be useful to know beforehand so we can plan our afternoon, or alternatively take a ship excursion.

Many thanks

Brian & Tony

Has anyone been to Cartagena with Azamara?

We would like to know if the "Shuttle service to/from port communities at no charge, where available" is provided in Cartagena.

Cartagena, Spain or Cartagena, Columbia?

We were in Cartagena, Spain on Azamara Journey earlier this year (April/10) as part of a transAtlantic repo. No "free" shuttles were provided, but it was only a short walk to the old city from the cruise pier. This Cartagena was a delightful surprise!

Cartagena, Spain or Cartagena, Columbia?

Hello Mighty Quinn

You're quite right, I should have been more precise..... for us it is Cartagena, Colombia (on the Panama Canal Cruise) and not Cartagena, Spain. Thanks for asking us to make that clear.

B&T

P.S MightyQuinn, if we can be of any help about your upcoming Paul Gauguin cruise, let us know. We did the Papeete to Fiji last May. I know that the experts (Emdee and Wendy) have already given you sound advice but you may have other questions. DrmnofMaui did a fantastic review of their Tuamotu cruise (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1152411) and we also did one for ours (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1213057) It will be interesting to compare notes about Azamara and Paul Gauguin.

I should have been more precise..... for us it is Cartagena, Colombia (on the Panama Canal Cruise)
We were in Cartagena, Columbia on HAL not Azamara :eek::eek: several years ago. If memory serves, El Centro is definitely not walkable from the pier. So it's probably a good candidate for a "free" Azamara shuttle. Fingers crossed!

MightyQuinn, if we can be of any help about your upcoming Paul Gauguin cruise, let us know.
B&T, thank you SO much for your kind offer. You don't know it but you've already helped me immensely. I've read your PG review & taken copious notes on all the important stuff - food, cheese & wine! Love your pics & daily descriptions of life on-board. We can't wait to catch that PG flu! :):)

Archived