Dream in 2 weeks!!

onewaycruisen

I have been counting down from day 92 for weeks now and I am almost there. I have been thinking about the cruise daily and wondering about my expenses. I have saved all my change, ones, and fives at the end of the day to get a payout of $816 in 8 months. Thinking thats good, wondering what is a must do on my cruise. Its the eastern travel looking for some fun things to do. Any secrets to know about the dream? Dont mind buying drinks on the ship but wondering how I could get a bottle or two into my room? I know they have been cracking down on it but after a week a tab of $300+ is outta line. Past cruises have just stuck an entire bottle in my suitcase. Ideas? Dont be mad I spend enough with carnival.....

My DH, DD and I sailed the Dream in October. It is my favorite ship to date in the Carnival line. The spa is wonderful and we had a spa room on the 12th floor which put us close to everything. Be sure to see the second show on the cruise. I can't remember the name now but it is amazing. I wish I had gone to the early show so I could have seen it twice!! We went to Megan's Bay on St. Thomas and was not impressed. We booked a private tour of St. Marteen and loved it. We got to know alot about the island and see just about all of it. Then we went to a resort with three pools and a great beach!! Have a great tour!!

My secret to getting alcohol on board. I drink Captain so what I usually do is transfer the bottle of captain into a Root bear bottle, wrap it up onto a towel and put it in my suit case. I did it last time and it made it to my room just fine.

but I am one to buy lots of drinks on the ship as well.

I loved the Dream: my favorite ship, best cruise, and favorite port to sail from. Port Canaveral is efficient and so fast! That 2nd big show the other poster is referring to is called Dancing in the Streets. It will be packed for both showings. All shows will be pretty full, and you'll need to arrive early (30 minutes or more) to get a good seat. But all shows every night are great! ...well, unless you've seen Legends Show before (it'll be the exact same). The 3rd song & dance show (probably on Night 6), is spectacular. The effects of the lighting and sound are about a million times better if you get a good center seat near the front for that one. The comedy magician show was utterly hilarious!!! Definitely go to that. Blackjack Band, playing in the ocean plaza, will cater to the crowd. If it's a lively group, they'll play plenty of upbeat songs that you can dance to. If it's a laid back crowd, they'll play more mellow music. But they are some of the nicest & friendliest people you'll ever meet. Their guitarist plays fiddle in the country song & dance show in the big theater on Night 2.

Tons of food options on the Dream. For lunches, you've got the pasta bar upstairs from the buffet, the lanai bbq, and other things. Lines can be long at peak times, but no worse than smaller ships. If you ever feel like a line is too long, just pretend you're in line for a roller coaster in the summer, and the line will then seem so incredibly short.;) Don't wait until Day 7 to ride the waterslides. If you enjoy waterslides, you'll want to go on each of them a few thousand times during the week.

In St. Thomas, we took cabs & ferries over to St. John and went to Trunk Bay. It's a spectacular beach! my favorite beach I've ever seen! We had plenty of time to enjoy it and get back to the ship hours early. Spent around $50 each for transportations/admission. My 2nd favorite beach is on St. Marteen, over on the French side: Orient Beach. Cab & beach chairs comes out to around $20pp. Nassau, I'm skeptical, so I'll stick with a Carnival excursion next time.

We are the week right after you!!!

The shows - I was wondering as we have late seating for dinner what time do they have them so we don't miss out??

Also we have used Rum Rummers without any issues to get our rum to our room and we always put them in our CHECKED Luggage

Don't miss out on Orient Beach!! We went there our last cruise and the kids had a blast parasailing and we just chilled on the beach by a small resort/bar - it was really nice

We also went to Maho Beach and watched the planes land - pretty awesome!

We are the week right after you!!!

The shows - I was wondering as we have late seating for dinner what time do they have them so we don't miss out??

We also went to Maho Beach and watched the planes land - pretty awesome!

The 3 song & dance shows (Dancing in the Streets-using everybody plus special performers, & the 2 regular ones) have an 8:30 & 10:30 show. I remember the comedy magician had a show around 6:30 for the people with late dining, so you go to the show before dinner. That was our deck party night at 10:00, which is why they did it that way. I think the juggler was 8:30 & 10:30. On the first & last night (welcome aboard show & legends), there's just one show for everyone, either at 10:00 or 10:30.

We may go to Maho Beach in addition to Orient Beach in St. Maarten in April. When it gets closer, we're going to check to see if there are any planes scheduled to come in the day we're there. It's a small airport, and some days, there's nothing or just the really small planes. The big ones tend to arrive in the afternoon. Just make sure to leave extra time to get back to the ship, because we hear that traffic will be heavier on the way back. It would be an awesome thing to see.

Make sure that when you're getting back on in a port that you get on at a busy time. Put your liquor in a bag with other stuff. They will scan it and tell you to go to the liquor confiscation table. Pick up your bags, start for the line and then just go to the stairs and go up one flight to catch your elevator. Saw several people doing this at each port and it seemed to work for them.

BTW, we absolutely loved the Dream.

Thanks everyone! Will deff check out the shows and think I have found something to do at each island. I read how to get to st john by taxi and ferry, is it easy to locate the taxi's? Im going to redhook port for the ferry right?

Looks like I will fill up some nalgene bottle's and stick them in my suitcase. I enjoy the afternoon nap drinks in my room without having to walk forever! Cant wait!!

The 3 song & dance shows (Dancing in the Streets-using everybody plus special performers, & the 2 regular ones) have an 8:30 & 10:30 show. I remember the comedy magician had a show around 6:30 for the people with late dining, so you go to the show before dinner. That was our deck party night at 10:00, which is why they did it that way. I think the juggler was 8:30 & 10:30. On the first & last night (welcome aboard show & legends), there's just one show for everyone, either at 10:00 or 10:30.

We may go to Maho Beach in addition to Orient Beach in St. Maarten in April. When it gets closer, we're going to check to see if there are any planes scheduled to come in the day we're there. It's a small airport, and some days, there's nothing or just the really small planes. The big ones tend to arrive in the afternoon. Just make sure to leave extra time to get back to the ship, because we hear that traffic will be heavier on the way back. It would be an awesome thing to see.

Thanks for the info!!

Archived