Getting off in Talkeetna

cruisinalong001

Does anyone know if you can get off the transfer from the ship in Talkeetna and then take a shuttle later to the McKinley Princess? Do you have to arrange this ahead of time if you can or just tell the driver......and where would you get a shuttle ticket back to the lodge? It seems ridiculously time consuming to go all the way to the lodge and then back to Talekeetna and back again. Thanks

I ALWAYS recommend this. People just do not realize where locations are on cruisetours, nor the time involved in transit.

Yes, Princess runs buses into the evening with train arrivals- which I am assuming is your transit? I've seen the buses run every hour. With your railroad arrival, you are entitled to a transfer on this day, and in the past, did not have to be upon arrival. I see many people milling around upon arriving and departure.

Thanks. We will be arriving by bus and we will get off in Talkeetna. Does the transfer driver give you the tickets for the shuttle to the lodge?

Where are you coming from????? If from Denali, the bus ENDS at the McKinley Lodge. You then have to take the "shuttle" to Talkeetna, (it can be the same bus).

I have seen both with the bus from Whittier/Anchorage- it has gone to Talkeetna first, but most of the time I have seen it, it goes directly to the lodge.

Look for a first hand experence from this year, for "possible" direction.

Archived