Need help picking a room on spirit

MJ04

This is my 3rd cruise (2 as a child) and my husbands first. We are going to Alaska in July and if anyone has information or can help me I'm trying to pick a balcony room with an obstructed view. I'm looking at 5236, 5246, 5190, and 5178. Any help would be great as I don't want my husband to hate the experience and then never want to cruise again!! I'm open to other rooms just not sure on what to pick!!! Thanks:confused:

If I was going to Alaska I don't think I would want an obstructed view. Have you thought about an aft balcony. I have my first aft balcony on my next cruise and I have been told that the view is awesome. Just picture it....sitting on your aft balcony, wrapped up in a blanket and loving the view (while drinking hot chocolate). I think I need to book a cruise to Alaska! Enjoy your cruise.

If you must get an obstructed balcony, I would go with the cabins in the 5200 series...more toward the aft. It's close to the elevators which will bring you straight up to the Lido and buffet and straight down to the dining room. No matter what you pick, make sure to be aft of the first 3 lifeboats as they are taller and provide much more obstruction.

If you can afford not to get obstructed, this might be the cruise I would do it on. With all the wildlife you can see in the water, I would be worried I would miss something close to the ship because I couldn't see straight down;)

Have a great cruise! Alaska is on my bucket list!

This is my 3rd cruise (2 as a child) and my husbands first. We are going to Alaska in July and if anyone has information or can help me I'm trying to pick a balcony room with an obstructed view. I'm looking at 5236, 5246, 5190, and 5178. Any help would be great as I don't want my husband to hate the experience and then never want to cruise again!! I'm open to other rooms just not sure on what to pick!!! Thanks:confused:

I love the Spirit Class ships. I have done OV, Inside, and 7A's. The 7A's are great. 5246 is not a 7A obstructed view. Out of the 7A's you have here go with 5236 it has a long Balcony. I have this one booked for my Nov. MR cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=942444 go to post 8 and it shows you a pic of the balcony on 5236.

I have stayed in 5176 and 5177. The only obstruction that you have is when looking straight down. The only obstruction in front of these 2 cabins are the arms that keep the lifeboats in place.

From the cabins you listed, don't pick 5190 (if you look at the deck layout, you will see that there is a wall blocking your view from cabin 5192)

5177 - looking right

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af297/klutz13/Carnival/Cabin5177lookingright.jpg[/img]"]Cabin5177lookingright.jpg

5177 - looking straight

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af297/klutz13/Carnival/Cabin5177lookingstraight.jpg[/img]"]Cabin5177lookingstraight.jpg

5176 - looking left

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af297/klutz13/Carnival/GEDC1801.jpg[/img]"]GEDC1801.jpg

001177-R1-04-18A_edited-1.jpgAlaska is on my bucket list, and I am trying to go cheap. BUT if you can swing it try for cabin 7258-if it's just the two of you, huge great balcony! Oh, for us to save money we are trying for 4122, if something looks good through what we can see, we can just run downstairs and outside on the exterior promenade. 4122 is priced as an inside, but has sliding glass doors. No real view, and no balcony .

Yes all that balcony is yours!

Thanks for all the information and pictures, I would be ok with an obstructed view rm but my husband said the difference between that and balcony rm is only about $200 so he wants to work extra hours and get a balcony room. I'm looking at 5218, 5200, and 5215. They are midship so figured a safe bet! I'm looking at balcony rooms with the no extra charge (trying to keep this from getting really $$)!! Can anyone tell me about rooms at the front or aft of the ship? I'm not sure if they would be ok or if midship is the best place. Thanks for all the input. We are on the carnival spirit:)

We prefer aft cabins since you can jump right up to the aft Lido (adult pool area) and buffet, and right down to the restaurant. Look at the deck plans and see where you might spend the most time. I'm not really sensitive to ship movement, but if you are, midship is supposed to be better...I have never felt much on the Legend or Miracle (both are the same class ship) and we have booked aft on them.

Good luck & have fun!:)

Archived