Just off the freedom 6 day!

HappyHygienist

I will write a review once we are home, but we had the best time on this cruise! It was booked to capacity, but you never felt crowded. We had a very rough start with lots of waves and lots of people sea sick, but Dramamine everyday worked for us.

We were diverted away from Key West for our first day due to the storm, but we were able to stop in Cozumel the next day and had such a great time. Everyone onboard was very understanding of the weather and very appreciative of the Captain getting us to Cozumel.

They threw a great party the last night with free drinks and the "Fun Patrol" . I loved all the shows onboard as did everyone else.

I couldn't have asked for a better cruise and am eager to book my next!

We are sailing the Freedom for the second time next month - we are getting excited!

You did not miss much by skipping Key West (MHO) Cozumel is on of our favorite stops :)

Can you tell us more about some of the shows and dinner

Thanks

I do not know if they have a party on all the ships the last night, but having taken 2 previous Carnival cruises, this was a first for us. It was in the International Lounge and was as packed as it gets. It was a "blurb" on the days "Fun Times" that they were having a party for everyone to say "Tahnks" for making it a memorable cruise and when we arrived, it was stated by "Ryan" our cruise directory (who was awesome by the way) that the party was because everyone continued to smile and have a good time despite the weather and the change in itinerary, but most of us felt that they probably always do it. I had no less than 5 free drinks during the party and EVERYONE was having a blast. The band was playing and everyone was just loud and partying like crazy. Couldn't have been a better way to end the week!

Getting off the ship was so easy as well. A lot had changed in the 2 years since we last sailed and definately for the better as far as getting on and off the ship.

Our best stop was in Jamaica and we did the bobsleds which were a total blast.

I also really like the "Elegant" night as opposed to "formal" night. I took a dressy pants outfilt and was totally in with everyone else. It is definately as dressy as you want it to be.

I am curious if the last night "free drink" party is on all the ships the last night, too!

The first night show was more of a welcome with some dancers and the band, but then Ryan took over with some silly antics with some passengers and we left to find something else to do.

The next show was "Swing" and it was really great. Even my hubby enjoyed it. The next show was "Mardi Gras" show which was much better than the Swing show with fantastic costumes and special effects. The third show was "The Beatles" and we weren't sure if we would like it, but it outdid the other 2 shows! Hard to believe, but it was truly fantastic. We almost went to the second showing of it just to sit through it again, but didn't. Our last day at sea they had a "Holiday" show which was very nice and featured the Captain and the the kids from the kids club. It wasn't anything extravagant, but worth going to.

You will LOVE the shows.

The first night show was more of a welcome with some dancers and the band, but then Ryan took over with some silly antics with some passengers and we left to find something else to do.

The next show was "Swing" and it was really great. Even my hubby enjoyed it. The next show was "Mardi Gras" show which was much better than the Swing show with fantastic costumes and special effects. The third show was "The Beatles" and we weren't sure if we would like it, but it outdid the other 2 shows! Hard to believe, but it was truly fantastic. We almost went to the second showing of it just to sit through it again, but didn't. Our last day at sea they had a "Holiday" show which was very nice and featured the Captain and the the kids from the kids club. It wasn't anything extravagant, but worth going to.

You will LOVE the shows.

Thanks so much for the response, believe it or not we don't go to too many of the shows :) I just informed DH that we will be going to a show this trip (Beatles) he just laughed and said "if you can stay awake". That is one bad thing about late dinner, by the time we are done with dinner it's too late for the show

We're on the Freedom in 7 days! Can't wait to see your full review. I am thinking our sailing will be at full capacity too...

I wouldn't mind having to skip Key West and go to Cozumel...but at this point I'm happy to go anywhere warmer than where I am!

WOOHOO!! Thanks! This will only be my 2nd cruise (1st being spring break on the Triumph) and on the 1st I barely looked at the Fun Times! I just kind of tagged along with some of the others in our group. I'm planning on having them keep up with me this time!! Thanks for the review of the shows....The Beatles sounds great! I don't think I've seen a review of the 8 day yet!

Happy- We also just got off the Freedom. We have been saying that it was one of the best cruises we have ever been on. The staff was awesome, the captain was great. Ryan did a great job and that Farewell Party was an absolute blast. I will also try to post a review in the next week or so. Sorry but we only have a dozen pics or so. Forgot our real camera and had to take all pics with a cell phone.

Food was awesome

Sun King- the best

Service- Great

Ports- Lots of fun.

I will write a review once we are home, but we had the best time on this cruise! It was booked to capacity, but you never felt crowded. We had a very rough start with lots of waves and lots of people sea sick, but Dramamine everyday worked for us.

We were diverted away from Key West for our first day due to the storm, but we were able to stop in Cozumel the next day and had such a great time. Everyone onboard was very understanding of the weather and very appreciative of the Captain getting us to Cozumel.

They threw a great party the last night with free drinks and the "Fun Patrol" . I loved all the shows onboard as did everyone else.

May I ask what kind of drinks were they serving?

Thanks,

Happy Hygienist - we were across the hall from some cruise critics...never really got a chance to chat with you as we were on the go. I so agree with you. The Freedom and this cruise was awesome (despite the weather Mon). By Friday - Monday was just a distant memory. The captain was awesome - very friendly to the guests - Ryan was GREAT, the entertainment staff was great.....it was just a wonderful cruise. I can't wait to read your full review!!!

I was there too. Seasick half-to-death most of the day on Monday, yet the whole time I kept saying "I'm still not at work" :) By Monday night, I was dancing the Hustle at 70s night in the disco with a cocktail in my hand :D Jeez, I miss it so much already.

I do not know if they have a party on all the ships the last night, but having taken 2 previous Carnival cruises, this was a first for us. It was in the International Lounge and was as packed as it gets. It was a "blurb" on the days "Fun Times" that they were having a party for everyone to say "Tahnks" for making it a memorable cruise and when we arrived, it was stated by "Ryan" our cruise directory (who was awesome by the way) that the party was because everyone continued to smile and have a good time despite the weather and the change in itinerary, but most of us felt that they probably always do it. I had no less than 5 free drinks during the party and EVERYONE was having a blast. The band was playing and everyone was just loud and partying like crazy. Couldn't have been a better way to end the week!

Getting off the ship was so easy as well. A lot had changed in the 2 years since we last sailed and definately for the better as far as getting on and off the ship.

Our best stop was in Jamaica and we did the bobsleds which were a total blast.

I also really like the "Elegant" night as opposed to "formal" night. I took a dressy pants outfilt and was totally in with everyone else. It is definately as dressy as you want it to be.

I am curious if the last night "free drink" party is on all the ships the last night, too!

It's called the farewell party on all ships.

Awesome! We will be on the Freedom in just 8 days!

Archived