N. Amsterdam - which VF cabin should I select?

sandiego1

I have to choose between 5053 and 5128 on the N. Amsterdam. Not sure which I should pick.

I am noise sensitive so I like a quiet room.

The 5128 is a bit further from the elevators (not sure how loud the "ding-ding" is from the elevator), but has a door to the adjoining cabin. We've never had one of those before but I have experienced some problems w/ smoke and noise coming from adjoining hotel rooms. Anyone experience something similar on the NA?

On the other hand, the 5053 is closer to the elevator but doesn't have a door to the adjoining cabin. It is next to the bump-out so we wouldn't be able to see forward from our balcony. The balcony for the cabin next to us has a balcony that extends beyond our's.

We have rented a Family Retreat Cabana for the wk so the size of our balcony isn't important to us. The size of the room is more important. I think both are the same (at least they look the same on the deck plan maps).

Which one do you think we should choose? I'd appreciate all advise from others.

I have to choose between 5053 and 5128 on the N. Amsterdam. Not sure which I should pick.

I am noise sensitive so I like a quiet room.

The 5128 is a bit further from the elevators (not sure how loud the "ding-ding" is from the elevator), but has a door to the adjoining cabin. We've never had one of those before but I have experienced some problems w/ smoke and noise coming from adjoining hotel rooms. Anyone experience something similar on the NA?

On the other hand, the 5053 is closer to the elevator but doesn't have a door to the adjoining cabin. It is next to the bump-out so we wouldn't be able to see forward from our balcony. The balcony for the cabin next to us has a balcony that extends beyond our's.

We have rented a Family Retreat Cabana for the wk so the size of our balcony isn't important to us. The size of the room is more important. I think both are the same (at least they look the same on the deck plan maps).

Which one do you think we should choose? I'd appreciate all advise from others.

We were on the nieuw Amsterdam in August in cabin 5127. Very quiet hallway. We liked using the glass elevator. We generally book an oceanview and split the beds apart as this gives us more room. On the NA we found it was better to keep the beds together. We enjoyed theNA so much we are cruising on her again in February.

If you have any other questions feel free to e-mail me at:

basiaZ03@gmail.com

Barbara

Thanks again Barbara.

@Trophy23 - I'm far too picky to go w/ a guarantee :rolleyes:. I know there are too many cabins I wouldn't be happy in. So I'd rather pay a bit more to have the comfort of knowing where I'll be. For that reason, we always decline the upgrade question when we make our rez.

Actually, we got a pretty good deal on the cabin and the VH was only ~$20 cheaper!

We were in 5123 (mirror image of 5128) last week and did not have a problem with noise, I didn't hear neighbors or elevators while in the room. The differences between the virtual tour and our cabin were that the TV (looks smaller than tour picture) was mounted in the corner above the desk, the robes hung on the other side where the picture is shown, and there were no cabinets above the sofa, instead there was a picture. We had plenty of room for just the two of us.

Tim

Archived