Where to Stay in San Juan PR

Bailey & Sophie

Has anyone stayed at the San Juan Doubletree?

We are staying there this year because we weren't happy with the Caribe a couple years ago. We haven't stayed there before but have been near it; I chose it this time because we are using Hilton Points and it is across the street from a big grocery store. It is not on a beach but the area has some great restaurants nearby, for a less than 16 hour stay I'm not too concern about where we stay this time :)

If anyone is staying at El Convento, be sure to say hi to Eduardo. He's one of the bartenders at the hotel restaurant, El Picoteo, and he'll take care of you. He's young with salt and pepper hair. He's a good friend of mine so order a drink and tip him well!

Michael in Chicago

We just stayed at a great B&B called numero uno. Great location, right on the beach between condada and isle verde.....Nice rates and a wonderful restaurant right on site. The entire staff was nice and we would stay there again without hesitation. Only 14 rooms so don't let the word out to everyone, that way we can still get a room there...;)

Lat year we stayed at the Howard Johnson Plaza de Armas which is a european style hotel. It certainly is not everyone's cup of tea but we really enjoyed staying in the heart of OSJ and found it quite satisfactory for a two night pre-cruise stay.

We just stayed at a great B&B called numero uno. Great location, right on the beach between condada and isle verde.....Nice rates and a wonderful restaurant right on site. The entire staff was nice and we would stay there again without hesitation. Only 14 rooms so don't let the word out to everyone, that way we can still get a room there...;)

We visited that restaurant last year (we had a table on the beach) and it was wonderful! Not the cheapest place to eat, but very good food and terrific service.

I've stayed at both the Caribe Hilton and Sheraton Old San Juan. I got them through priceline for under $100. The Sheraton was perfect for wandering around Old San Juan.

Next year we've booked El Convento for one night pre-cruise.

This is where we ended up. I really wanted to be in OSJ this time. We walked around last year, and thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere. I read the reviews and am not too worried about the lack of amenities - I will be pampered for the next 10 nights!!

Thanks for all the input.

Lat year we stayed at the Howard Johnson Plaza de Armas which is a european style hotel. It certainly is not everyone's cup of tea but we really enjoyed staying in the heart of OSJ and found it quite satisfactory for a two night pre-cruise stay.

Archived