How do we get a sunlounger on Ventura?

langolad

Hello everyone.How do we get 2 of the above on sea days in June with the sun all day by the pool e.g.what deck? time etc.Don't mind lying on one to reserve I can always read my new kindle while Mrs has a sleep in.Thanks from 1st timers.

2 choices really.

1. Get up very early (05:00) and reserve your lounger

2. Take a fold-up sun lounger with you.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but of all the negative things that are reported about Ventura, the sun bed issue is by far the number one complaint. I suppose there is some consolation in that a lot of other ships have the same problem.

Gerry

We have done cruises recently with other cruise lines, and also found there to be a shortage of sunbeds on sea days.

We are on the Ventura at the end of January, this is our first time on P&O and must admit to being a bit apprehensive, but looking forward to our break in the sun . Cannot understand why P&O don't address what is a commonly posted complaint. We have all paid to go on holiday so should have an equal chance of sitting in the sun on deck for a couple of hours a day, surely P&O could do more to police the situation. Starting with not allowing people to reserve sunloungers at 5am in the morning. :confused:

Now I am only a simple bloke, so I expect the answer is quite simple, like me, but, why does the sun lounger HAVE to be near the pool? I have never had trouble getting a sun lounger in other parts of the ship. Even quite close to the pool. Why not a sun lounger 'near' the pool, go for a swim, then go back to your sun lounger which is 'near' the pool.

Simple 'Simon' Mike :(

Mike, we had problems finding a sunlounger anywhere near the Terrace Pool on Azura, even 3 decks up. We eventually found a couple right at the top of the ship. Mind you, the major problem was that at the big Aqua Pool, we found it impossible to stay there for more than 2 minutes with the horrendous racket from the Seascreen. Never again.

Hi all.

Were also going on Ventura the end of January.

We go up and "sort of" reserve at about 7 then have breakfast at the buffet.

Then we go up and Mandy my other half stays there until sundown. I sort of just float around chatting and come back to my sun bed at various intervals.

It's when people reserve and don't come back for hours like from about 7 till 11. That really gives me the hump. If I notice people doing it I tell the deck staff to remove all their kit, that usually does the trick !!

Not really lol. Just get on a and stay put !!

Get up in the morning have a lovely breakfast stroll to the sunloungers of your choice and if free sit on it if its had a towel etc dumped on it by some ignorant low life pick it up throw it on the floor and sit on your lounger,its great when the snake comes back an hour later crying,did it every day on our recent cruise;)

get up in the morning have a lovely breakfast stroll to the sunloungers of your choice and if free sit on it if its had a towel etc dumped on it by some ignorant low life pick it up throw it on the floor and sit on your lounger,its great when the snake comes back an hour later crying,did it every day on our recent cruise;)

That's the proper way to do it

Absolutely, that's what we do too! they don't get away with it when we're around.

I would love to do that as the sunloungers are my biggest gripe when on a land holiday, but I wouldn't be able to relax waiting on them returning and arguing about it. We saw it happen at a 5 star hotel and it was very entertaining watching the happenings but I wasn't brave enough, just had to moan instead - Trish

We have just got back off the Ventura and can't see the problem with the sun beds.We always stopped by the pool next to the Waterside buffet restaurant and at any time of the day there was quite a few sunbeds to pick from never had a problem all fortnight .The only gripe we heard was from the older end saying the ship was too big Read the brochure before you book !!!!! also to get it into perspective all you need are decks 5,6,7 and 15 upwards all the rest are sleeping decks and deck 4 to disembark what's hard about that?We had a 11hr delay on the way back Gatwicks fault but we were left on the ship till the captain knew our plane was well on it's way so we didn't spend long in the airport so can't grumble about that at all .

e ntertainment was mixed but thought the Ventura theatre group were very good also Venn Tracy,Colin'fingers' henry.Fogwell Flax were very good,didn't see any bad behavior at all and the kids on board were no problem at all.

We have just got back off the Ventura and can't see the problem with the sun beds.We always stopped by the pool next to the Waterside buffet restaurant and at any time of the day there was quite a few sunbeds to pick from never had a problem all fortnight .The only gripe we heard was from the older end saying the ship was too big Read the brochure before you book !!!!! also to get it into perspective all you need are decks 5,6,7 and 15 upwards all the rest are sleeping decks and deck 4 to disembark what's hard about that?We had a 11hr delay on the way back Gatwicks fault but we were left on the ship till the captain knew our plane was well on it's way so we didn't spend long in the airport so can't grumble about that at all .

e ntertainment was mixed but thought the Ventura theatre group were very good also Venn Tracy,Colin'fingers' henry.Fogwell Flax were very good,didn't see any bad behavior at all and the kids on board were no problem at all.

I was at a friend's party with Colin 'Fingers' Henry in the summer. I had never heard of him, but he played piano for us and he was absloutely brilliant as well as being a very nice guy. He said he would be in the Caribbean for Christmas. :cool:

Bums on seats reserve a sun bed, not much else does it beyond around 10 minutes unless a partner is holding a spot while you Swim.

People that try and hog sun beds or seats in the Show Lounge need to be exposed for what they are.

Selfish buggers that only want to put themselves first at all costs, they are the same as queue jumpers. (only worse if thats possible)

Archived