Excellent Hospital Care on Azamara Quest

Goldygolfer

The Cruise Critic Message Boards may not be the absolutely correct place for these comments, but I thought that I would go ahead and make the comments anyway.

My husband and I were enjoying a wonderful cruise on the Azamara Quest recently when I was unfortunate enough to become very ill quite suddenly. Regretably, my illness became too severe for us to continue our cruise and we had to disembark in Mumbai for hospitalisation. (This was not a really good experience as hospitals in Mumbai are not run along the same modern lines as most "westerners" have come to expect, although their medical expertise is very good.)

The purpose of this posting is to say that the attention and care which I received from the medical staff on the Quest was superb. The hospital is very well equipped and the staff were wonderful. I don't know how to contact them direct so I would like this message to convey my thanks to Doctor Paul and Nurse Marjorie for their friendly and expert management of my medical condition. Thanks also to Emanuel, who spent a long Saturday night as my special carer.

At our Cruise Critic Socials, the Executive Crew assured us that they do read the comments that we make on these boards, so I am hoping that someone will read this and pass on my thanks before Paul & Marjorie disembark in Singapore.

It is my fervent wish that no future passenger will suffer a similar fate (ie become ill while on the ship), but rest assured that if you are so unfortunate, you will receive excellent attention, expertise and care.

PS - Paul & Marjorie - I hope you enjoy your time on shore.

Emanuel - Have a great time with your family on the Singapore to Hong Kong cruise. Best Wishes - Elaine

Goldygolfer

I am so sorry to read that you took ill on the trip - I know from your posts how much you were looking forward to the cruise. I do hope you are well on the way to recovery and thanks for sharing your experiences at what must be a time of concern and disappointment to you

If you are able I would write to Mr Pimentil to tell him your positive feedback

Take care

A

Hello Goldygolfer !

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's sad to hear that you took ill and were unable to continue your Cruise, but it is very comforting to hear that you recieved excellent care from Azamara.

I'm confident that Azamara's management team will read your comments. I hope you are feeling better !

Archived