Insurance question

truchattycathy

When I was viewing my options to insure my cruise, there is a note at the bottom that said Travel Guard will not insure to the Carribean.

When I e-mailed Insuremytrip, they advised me to list my first port as my destination instead of Carribean. I don't remember doing that before.

I don't want to purchase insurance for Grand Cayman and then have something happen in Jamaica or Cozumel and be declined.

Anyone else have this issue?

When I was viewing my options to insure my cruise, there is a note at the bottom that said Travel Guard will not insure to the Carribean.

When I e-mailed Insuremytrip, they advised me to list my first port as my destination instead of Carribean. I don't remember doing that before.

I don't want to purchase insurance for Grand Cayman and then have something happen in Jamaica or Cozumel and be declined.

Anyone else have this issue?

Cathy - I've never seen this before. I would call the 800 customer Service number for the Insurance Company itself and get a specific answer. I personally prefer to purchase direct from the Insurer - the premium is supposedly regulated and should be the same. ken

That is a bit strange. I bought insurance for our upcoming cruise to Key West, Grand Cayman and Jamaica and there were no restrictions. Thanks for posting this though, because I almost forgot I need to print out the insurance info just in case we need it (though knock on wood I will not even have to think about it!!)

Archived