Holiday Inn Express San Juan

cruisindoggie

I looked for info in the North American Homeports section and did not see San Juan as listed.

We are wondering if anyone has input on the Holiday Inn Express in San Juan, we booked there for a good price in January for $139.00.

The website has limited information and was hoping to hear what some of your comments are.

It's an older, refurbished hotel in an urban area, but as the previous poster mentioned, within walking distance of the beach.

For a one night stay with no sightseeing in mind, it will do.

We stayed there last spring and it was quite nice. As others have said nice restaurants in the area and short walk to the beach.

We took a taxi into OSJ and went for dinner at Raices. The atmosphere is great there, if your in a hurry don't go but if not enjoy and relax.

DW and I stayed there pre-cruise in January 2010.

Nice staff, good complimentary breakfast, easy 30 minute ride from airport and to pier by taxi.

Short walk to Avenida Ashford in Condado District.

Recommend restaurant called Cafe del Angel on Avenida Ashford. Great Puerto Rican specialties.

You can also take walk over to Marriot Stella Solaris for drinks at their massive lobby bar.

Don't forget that you will also be paying tourist tax of 20-25% extra on room so that you are not surprised.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Recommend restaurant called Cafe del Angel on Avenida Ashford. Great Puerto Rican specialties. .

Thank you! I ate there and could not remember the name. Post cruise we stopped in for dinner and the cafe was filled with passengers from the same cruise. We all laughed and shared cruise stories. I highly recommend the Sangria there. It's made different and very tasty. :D

Archived