Specialty Restaurants - Which one??

MS52

We have reservations for the special Chops/wine dinner on my birthday at $74.50 pp. I have read that the dinner is wonderful but have never experienced it myself.

For anyone who has done that dinner, can you answer a question......would we be better off doing the regular Chops dinner at $25 pp three times during the nine day cruise instead of the one blowout? I know with the Chops/wine dinner, wine is also provided but we also purchased a wine package.

Just trying to get the biggest bang for the buck. Only 18 days until our cruise!!!!!!

You may not have to make a choice. On my last sailing I signed up for this dinner but once onboard was notified it was cancelled due to lack of participation. I think there is a minimum of 8 or 12 people that have to sign up or they will cancel the dinner.

If you are a wine drinker from what I remember there were some good ones on the list. That is the main driver of the pricing.

I don't know what ship you're going on, but if Portofino is available, I would include a night there for one of your three nights.

But I would definitely cancel the Wine dinner and split it up into three nights instead of just one.

Ann

I don't know what ship you're going on, but if Portofino is available, I would include a night there for one of your three nights.

Ann

Enchantment of the Seas....no Portofino. Thanks for your thoughts everyone. Whatever we end up doing will be wonderful, I'm sure. 16 days to go!

I think if you've already purchased the wine package, then use the package when you go to Chops and then go three times. We had dinner in Chops on Enchantment on the first night of our cruise in June and loved it so much that we immediately booked a second night. You won't be disappointed at all -- $25pp is a bargain for what you get. Enjoy!

Archived