Walk to town from cruise dock?

SnorkelLady

Is it possible to walk to Charlotte Amalie from the cruise dock at Havensight? How far is it and what is the walk like? Is there anywhere to swim along the way? Thanks for your help!

Maybe a bout a mile 1/2 (2-3 km) from the dock to Fort Christian. Mostly marina and rock wall until Fort Christian/US Coast Guard station, but Bolongo Bay resort and otherbeaches are just down Veterans Drive near the St Johns Ferry dock. You might have some sections of Veterans Drive, where it rounds, that might not be a conducive to walking. It's a short cab ride though.

There is no place to swim off Veteran's Drive-it is the main harbor and very busy. Bolongo Bay Beach Resort is nowhere near downtown Charlotte Amalie. I have no idea what the previous poster means. The walk can be very nice if you do not mind the heat, carry water and cut through Yacht Haven Grande which is lovely. There is sidewalk the whole way. Enjoy:)

B.

There is no place to swim off Veteran's Drive-it is the main harbor and very busy. Bolongo Bay Beach Resort is nowhere near downtown Charlotte Amalie. I have no idea what the previous poster means. The walk can be very nice if you do not mind the heat' date=' carry water and cut through Yacht Haven Grande which is lovely. There is sidewalk the whole way. Enjoy:)

B.[/quote']

Thanks Betsys Mom...Ive been to St T many times and walked this path and the prev post caught me way off guard. I started thinking...really have all this.

We usually taxi in or local bus in from Sapphire beach and always walk back to the ship. So for us we are usually walking back around 3:30-4ish either in May/June or Oct. Distance wise very doable...we are 40's and not fit by any means. I agree maybe a mile and a half. Sidewalk all the way along the water, just beautiful and the ship is in full view off in the distance.

Swimming...well the local beg to differ, Ive seen plenty in there taking a quick salt water bath. But there is no water access. Local slimb over big rocks to get to the water, I dont recommend that.

Its hot and you can usually count on that sun beaming down on you, its a bit of a workout so hyrdrate...we like it and feel its worth it

Maybe a bout a mile 1/2 (2-3 km) from the dock to Fort Christian. Mostly marina and rock wall until Fort Christian/US Coast Guard station, but Bolongo Bay resort and otherbeaches are just down Veterans Drive near the St Johns Ferry dock. You might have some sections of Veterans Drive, where it rounds, that might not be a conducive to walking. It's a short cab ride though.

There is no place to swim off Veteran's Drive-it is the main harbor and very busy. Bolongo Bay Beach Resort is nowhere near downtown Charlotte Amalie. I have no idea what the previous poster means. The walk can be very nice if you do not mind the heat' date=' carry water and cut through Yacht Haven Grande which is lovely. There is sidewalk the whole way. Enjoy:)

B.[/quote']

I agree..................

Archived