Fascination needs a new itinerary

Nassau and Key west are really getting old as the Fascination has had the same itinerary since it was placed in Jacksonville years ago. Yeah I know it does Half moon cay once or twice a month in place of KW but half the time bad weather prevents it from going there as well.

I just got off the ship and basically it cruised at about 13 knots the whole way to KW not even close to average cruising speed for most other cruises. Come on CCL add a new port perhaps Grand Turk or even Freeport to the mix.

Please dont wish Freeport on any more cruises.. its too far from any town. One of the few ports that you have to take a taxi 7 miles to get to a internet cafe its so desolated.

We loved our stop at Freeport! We could find no reason to leave the ship, so had a great time lounging in the aft hot-tub watching the port activity.

The Fascination goes to Freeport on its four day cruise. The ship also has a few 7 day cruises coming up in 2011 that are varied. We have done the 5 day Nassau/Half Moon Cay cruise twice now and love it (and the KW/Nassau cruise once). It makes for a great "getaway" cruise.

I just got off the ship and basically it cruised at about 13 knots the whole way to KW not even close to average cruising speed for most other cruises.

Jacksonville is geographically limited. There are only a handful of ports of call that can be reached on a 4,5 or even 7 night itinerary from there. It seems to me like Carnival is targeting budget minded cruisers from ports like Jacksonville, so I doubt that they would start itineraries that are any longer or more varied than what's currently offered.

With that said, we sailed 2 weeks ago on this itinerary. For our needs, the Key West and Nassau itinerary was ideal. We were traveling with a 1 year old and we wanted an itinerary that was A) departing from a port within a fairly short driving distance, B) with ports of call that were "baby stroller friendly" (no tenders, and no need to take taxis), and C) inexpensive.

Of all the itineraries that we looked at, this was the one that fulfilled all of our needs. Yes, we've lost count of the times that we've been to Key West and Nassau, but who cares when you're paying less than $250 bucks for an ocean view cabin on the Empress deck??

We are on the 5 day leaving Christmas.... is there any chance they could change the itinerary to go to Key West instead of HMC? I really would love to see Key West, and it is not a tender port.

Nope, when they can't tender in HMC they substitute Freeport....

Happened on our November cruise and the HMC cruise before ours also....

Key West is too far out of the way to detour to after arriving at HMC.

(HMC, Nassau and Freeport are all really close together)

Bill

what is there to do in Freeport?

• Port Lucaya Marketplace
  • Lucaya Beach
  • Dolphin Encounter
  • Snorkeling
  • Jeep Tour
  • Catmaran Tour
  • Some crappy stores by the cruise ship dock

Not a great stop. It's a bit of a letdown.

Jacksonville is geographically limited. There are only a handful of ports of call that can be reached on a 4,5 or even 7 night itinerary from there. It seems to me like Carnival is targeting budget minded cruisers from ports like Jacksonville, so I doubt that they would start itineraries that are any longer or more varied than what's currently offered.

With that said, we sailed 2 weeks ago on this itinerary. For our needs, the Key West and Nassau itinerary was ideal. We were traveling with a 1 year old and we wanted an itinerary that was A) departing from a port within a fairly short driving distance, B) with ports of call that were "baby stroller friendly" (no tenders, and no need to take taxis), and C) inexpensive.

Of all the itineraries that we looked at, this was the one that fulfilled all of our needs. Yes, we've lost count of the times that we've been to Key West and Nassau, but who cares when you're paying less than $250 bucks for an ocean view cabin on the Empress deck??

As long as it works for enough people they will continue these sailings.

Archived