Where were you when the lights went out on Oasis?

rolloman

Just got back from the 5 day sailing. Interesting on the 2nd day the ship went dark for about 10 minutes while at sea. The captain came on the PA and said it was a technical blackout. Basically an issue with one power source and as a preventive measure by design the rest shut down as well. Anyways, just as an FYI the auxillary lighting does a fine job of letting you continue to see where you are going. No one freaked out even though a couple crew I talked to later that night said they were nervous as it has never happened before. Other than that a great cruise on a ship that has no equal.

We were eating dinner in Opus 3! It made me nervous, but like the OP stated, the captain came on right away and said they were working quickly to fix it. We were seated near the window, so we had plenty of light. Those in the middle of the diningroom, not so much! ;) Actually we had such a fantastic time, I had totally forgotten about that till I saw this post.

If Oasis or Allure have a power failure, they just toss out the anchor, hook on to an island and drag it next to the ship...cannot envision there are enough tugs in the Caribbean to tow either of those two monsters!

Glad the communication was quick and accurate. I think 99% of the folks would have little or no ill will if they got straightforward answers and quick responses.

Just got back from the 5 day sailing. Interesting on the 2nd day the ship went dark for about 10 minutes while at sea. The captain came on the PA and said it was a technical blackout. Basically an issue with one power source and as a preventive measure by design the rest shut down as well. Anyways, just as an FYI the auxillary lighting does a fine job of letting you continue to see where you are going. No one freaked out even though a couple crew I talked to later that night said they were nervous as it has never happened before. Other than that a great cruise on a ship that has no equal.

I will have to disagree with that last sentence. She has an equal who is actually 5 mm bigger, Allure of the Seas. :D

We were in the Schooner Bar balcony seats overlooking the Promenade. It was very odd to experience a power failure on the 2nd night and it was formal night, so the entire Promenade was filled with people getting their pictures taken. When we went back to our room on Deck # 6, we realized that none of the toilets flushed. We tried the public restroom next to the boardwalk and they were not flushing either. The restroom attendant said they were having problems on Deck 4,5 and 6. After about 20 minutes everything was back to normal. It did make us wish we had packed a flashlight as intended. One crew member in the dining room said..."Someone got in B-I-G trouble when the power failure happened."

Archived