help!super shuttle won't p/u til 10a from pier

2martinis

We are coming in on Golden on Feb.2 and our flight is 130p ship arrives at 7a.m. super shuttle says earliest pickup is 10a.m.Does anyone know if we will be standing outside of terminal for hours waiting? or will Princess let you stay on board till about 930a.m.? And how long does it take to get to LAX on a Weds. morning from San Pedro? Thanks for any help you can give.

We are coming in on Golden on Feb.2 and our flight is 130p ship arrives at 7a.m. super shuttle says earliest pickup is 10a.m.Does anyone know if we will be standing outside of terminal for hours waiting? or will Princess let you stay on board till about 930a.m.? And how long does it take to get to LAX on a Weds. morning from San Pedro? Thanks for any help you can give.

Ship may arrive at 7:30 but that doesn't mean you will get off at 7:30. 9 to 9:30 sounds like a reasonable disembark time.

And how long does it take to get to LAX on a Weds. morning from San Pedro?

You are traveling in the direction of traffic. Without traffic, it's about 25 mins; in traffic, 45 mins or more even if the van goes in the carpool lane. The traffic improves somewhat after 10:30 or so. You should be fine for your flight.

Super Shuttle knows well.

Keep in mind that when the ship arrives in San Pedro that all passengers will have to go through immigration and of course all of the luggage will have to be offloaded from the ship. The precise time that passengers will disembark will vary from cruise to cruise but probably will be after 9:00 AM. Could be around 9:30 AM but will vary.

The timing of a 10:00 AM shuttle will work well. Allow 1 hour to get to the airport and you ideally want to arrive at LAX two hours before your flight just because of the lines. So, this leaves you with another 30 minute pad.

Keith

Ship may arrive at 7:30 but that doesn't mean you will get off at 7:30. 9 to 9:30 sounds like a reasonable disembark time.

luckyroot , this is a very good point. get up, go have breakfast , pick up your bags ( when they clear the ship for debarking ), and meet the shuttle. i hate rushing too get off the ship like a mad-person to catch a plane. you will be more relaxed when you get too the airport. have fun.

Is this a "live" person on the phone from Super Shuttle that is telling you this....OR....when you are booking online is it asking for your flight time? If it is the later the 10am pickup time is based on a computer program that defaults to a certain window of time to insure you make your flight, based on information you provided.

I just got off the Golden on 12/22 and used Super Shuttle. I booked online and requested a 9am pickup time. There are always shuttles out there waiting for disembarking passengers. They know if you have a reservation and will put you on the next available shuttle to the airport.

We got out to the curb around 8:30am and the guy put us right on the shuttle and we were well on our way long before 9am.

Super Shuttle is very aware that disembarkation can be delayed (or sped up) and have a pretty good system to get everyone to their required destination.

Thanks for the info. I booked online and the earliest time they gave me was for 10 a.m.So if there are shuttles hanging around we will just relax, eat breakfast and stay cool.Thanks, but does anyone know if there is a time that Princess will kick you off?

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off the Golden this morning. I'm not sure what time passengers actually started getting off the ship. We went up to the Horizon around 8:15am for breakfast and then grabbed our stuff from the cabin and headed for assigned place to wait (which was the Princess Theater). You're supposed to be out of the cabin by 9am per the instructions, even though my hubby had to go back to the cabin after that a couple of times (he left the customs form on the desk:rolleyes: and my daughter was sure she didn't have her sign and sail card -- after hubby took off again, I searched her carry on and found it).

I think our color was called around 9:45 or so. By the time we go through the customs line and found our baggage and a helpful porter, it was around 10am. If you have a flight, you can show your ticket to the Passenger Services Desk and see if you can score an earlier time.

Archived