"Friends of CC" -M&G for Princess

RoRothman

We just came back from a great cruise on the Grand Princess, and we had several meetings with our fellow CC's planned.. we asked our deputy cruise director to announce it in the "Patter".. and he mentioned that when they posted Cruise Critic meetings in the past passengers thought it was a meeting to gripe about the cruise.. so we suggested he announce it as a "Friends of CC Meeting ".. which he did.. we found this very helpful in announcing our meeting and even added a previously unplanned get-together later in the cruise using the Princess Patter.. Our group decided we were the "charter members" of the the" Friends of CC" and suggest that all future groups on Princess..( and any other lines that will agree ), use this designation.. Please pass this along to all you avid cruisers out there!

We just came back from a great cruise on the Grand Princess, and we had several meetings with our fellow CC's planned.. we asked our deputy cruise director to announce it in the "Patter".. and he mentioned that when they posted Cruise Critic meetings in the past passengers thought it was a meeting to gripe about the cruise.. so we suggested he announce it as a "Friends of CC Meeting ".. which he did.. we found this very helpful in announcing our meeting and even added a previously unplanned get-together later in the cruise using the Princess Patter.. Our group decided we were the "charter members" of the the" Friends of CC" and suggest that all future groups on Princess..( and any other lines that will agree ), use this designation.. Please pass this along to all you avid cruisers out there!

Sorry, but you're not the first. We have been getting Patter mention on our cruises for more than two years by using some form of CC - M & G. The "friends of" designation mean different things to different folks, namely Bob & Bill and/or GLBT groups.

Hi All

We had a CC meeting as a small group we did not organise through the ship but just agreed to meet in a bar during a sea day so did the GLBT group, after a short bit of confusion we got into the correct groups at opposite ends of the bar.

yours Shogun

hi all

we had a cc meeting as a small group we did not organise through the ship but just agreed to meet in a bar during a sea day so did the glbt group, after a short bit of confusion we got into the correct groups at opposite ends of the bar.

Yours shogun

lol

We had a CC meeting as a small group we did not organise through the ship but just agreed to meet in a bar during a sea day so did the GLBT group, after a short bit of confusion we got into the correct groups at opposite ends of the bar.

I guess I would have had to run back and forth...

That's great work ..

Sometimes a good M&G is hard to come by

Srpil

hey.. they're all great ideas.. Friends of CC worked out for us.. the other "Friends of " meetings already know about theirs .. and didn't get mixed up with our meeting.. anyway.. I'm glad Princess is cooperating and spreading the word about our get-togethers.. what about the other lines.. do they advertise them in their daily newsletters? The last few cruises I've been on have all been Princess.. so I don't remember what they do..

Celebrity and Royal Caribbean actually organize the meetings, send invitations, have a buffet and on RCL, free drinks. Now, as a Princess fan, I usually try to organize a bit to make a nice meeting for a cruise that I might be on, if no one already did that. They do set a place, a no host bar and might put it in the Patter.

I agree that advertising a meeting for Cruise Critic can open a can or worms. People think it's open to all and might want to come an gripe about things bothering them. Not fun to me.

Think about it CRUISE CRITIC does sound like a place to critic the cruise.

Archived