Port of Amsterdam transportation

Leesie6351

Hi-- I've tried (honest!!!!) to search for information about the Port of Amsterdam. I'm trying to find out prices and if anyone knows a car or transfer service to get from the hilton Hotel (Appolonia) to the port and then back again. I will take the Connexion Hotel shuttle from the airport to the hotel but have been quoted 40 euros to get from the hotel to the pier and 40 euros from pier to hotel (we are staying over an extra 2 nights).

THANKS and Happy Holidays

Had a quick look at the hilton site, you are prob max 30 mins walk away from the port - which is very near amsterdam central station. I would think that the fare would be much less than Euro $40 and you could always consider getting a tram to the station - they are very easy to navigate, very cheap and probably run very near to your hotel - the concierge will be able to help you

Amsterdam is a lovely city - great for walking around - so hope you have a great time. If you have time, remember to visit the Anne Frank house but book on line beforehand, as it means you don't have to wait in line

I also thought about recommending a tram, Claire. Wasn't sure if luggage would be a problem for the OP or not. Certainly would be a doable option. Tram to Centraal, change to the tram that goes close to the port (sorry, don't know the name of the stop). Or tram to Centraal and a short taxi ride to the port.

An alternative would be to switch your reservation to The Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre, which would be a very easy walk to the port. Great views from the hotel. We booked through Hotwire.

Bon Voyage

There is no tramstop at the Hilton Hotel. You need to walk a few minujtes to get there.

With much luggage the tram isnot such a good option, also because you will again have to change trams to trhe cruiseterminal.

Unfortunately most cabdrivers often donot accept those short cabrides from the station to the terminal, or else at least will overcharge.

Had a quick look at the hilton site, you are prob max 30 mins walk away from the port - which is very near amsterdam central station. I would think that the fare would be much less than Euro $40 and you could always consider getting a tram to the station - they are very easy to navigate, very cheap and probably run very near to your hotel - the concierge will be able to help you

Amsterdam is a lovely city - great for walking around - so hope you have a great time. If you have time, remember to visit the Anne Frank house but book on line beforehand, as it means you don't have to wait in line

The Hilton in Amsterdam south is far more then 30 minutes walk from the cruise-terminal.

I cannot walk very far due to a disability so I really need a shuttle, cab, pvt car service etc to get from the hotel to the pier. I could stay at another hotel but I am stayin 3 nights at the Hilton and it is free because I'm using hilton Honors points. It was the hotel concierge who quoted me the price for the taxi to the pier.

Can anyone give me the exact name and location of the pier?

Thanks for all your suggestions!:)

You know, you might want to get a transfer from Celebrity. We decided to do that when we stayed at the Marriott Hotel. Celebrity finally hired a van to take us to the pier because we could not get on the bus (too many people). I would do it again. We also took the transfer to the airport and you might consider it for going back to your hotel.

thanks for the replies-- I thought Celebrity only offers transfers to the hotels they use for their pre/post cruise nights??:confused: We are staying at the Hilton using our honors points and was not booked by Celebrity. Do they offer transfers to/from any hotel and the pier:confused:

thanks everyone

You know, you might want to get a transfer from Celebrity. We decided to do that when we stayed at the Marriott Hotel. Celebrity finally hired a van to take us to the pier because we could not get on the bus (too many people). I would do it again. We also took the transfer to the airport and you might consider it for going back to your hotel.

Celebrity do not offer a pick up service from various hotels around the city.They only offer transfers if you are staying in one of their hotels.

As this Hilton hotel seems to be quite a distance out of the centre then a cab seems to be your only option.

The cruise terminal is very very close to the main train station if you look at a map.

Piet Heinkade 27

1019 BR Amsterdam, Netherlands

thanks for the replies-- I thought Celebrity only offers transfers to the hotels they use for their pre/post cruise nights??:confused: We are staying at the Hilton using our honors points and was not booked by Celebrity. Do they offer transfers to/from any hotel and the pier:confused:

thanks everyone

Leesie, I called the Hilton for you, they dont have shuttle service, the best way is to get a cab at the terminal.

Passenger terminal website: http://www.ptamsterdam.nl/indexh.php

What day do you arrive?

Hilton doesnot offer any shuttles, either to the airport or the port.

From the airport either take the hotelshuttle offered by a buscompany:

http://www.schipholhotelshuttle.nl/site/toonhotel.asp

or a cab.

You can prebook a cab (and check the rate by putting in the zipcode of the hotel) ) through this website:

http://www.schiphol.nl/Travellers/ToFromSchiphol/SchipholTravelTaxi.htm

In another posting I gave you the link for TCA cabs to get to the cruiseterminal. Or your hotelportier will help you with this.

The terminal is situated at Piet Heinkade, every cabddriver will know the address.

Leesie, I called the Hilton for you, they dont have shuttle service, the best way is to get a cab at the terminal.

What day do you arrive?

I really appreciate you going to this trouble for me. Normally, I find transportation pretty easily but Amsterdam is proving troublesome and expensive. The Hilton, via email, quoted 70 euros for a taxi to the pier? This seems sooooooooo expensive.

We plan to arrive on the 7th or 8th for a sailing on the 9th of July but will also be staying on at the end of the cruise for 1 or 2 more nights which is why I'll need to get from the pier back to the Hilton.

Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness. Happy New Year.

Hilton doesnot offer any shuttles, either to the airport or the port.

From the airport either take the hotelshuttle offered by a buscompany:

http://www.schipholhotelshuttle.nl/site/toonhotel.asp

or a cab.

You can prebook a cab (and check the rate by putting in the zipcode of the hotel) ) through this website:

http://www.schiphol.nl/Travellers/ToFromSchiphol/SchipholTravelTaxi.htm

In another posting I gave you the link for TCA cabs to get to the cruiseterminal. Or your hotelportier will help you with this.

The terminal is situated at Piet Heinkade, every cabddriver will know the address.

Thanks so much for the information. I did check the website you gave me for TCA cabs and could not seem to get a quote- I'll keep trying and will keep trying the other websites you've provided. The Hilton quoted me 70 euros to get to the pier from their hotel--it seems way too high. I appreciate the information.

Happy New Year

As many have said before me, just take a taxi. They are metered and you'll end up paying approx. 25 euro each way. The bellman can get you a taxi within minutes. There's no need to pre-book anything.

thanks so much for the information. I checked with the hilton via email and was quoted 70 euros each way to get to and from the pier and the Hilton. It seems very high priced.

Have a happy new year.

Celebrity do not offer a pick up service from various hotels around the city.They only offer transfers if you are staying in one of their hotels.

As this Hilton hotel seems to be quite a distance out of the centre then a cab seems to be your only option.

The cruise terminal is very very close to the main train station if you look at a map.

Piet Heinkade 27

1019 BR Amsterdam, Netherlands

I appreciate the information about the cruise terminal. I couldn 't find the address so now I can look it up.

Happy New Year

What day do you arrive?

Hi Jacky-- if you are willing, would you email me at: leesie6351@gmail.com so I can thank you and perhaps ask so additional questions?

thanks!!!!!:)

Archived