Oasis of the Seas Family review

rolloman

@rolloman

We are booked on a January 8 cruise on the Oasis. We are really looking forward to using the nursery and in-cabin baby sitting to get some alone time.

How full was the cruise you went on and what was the maximum number of hours you were able to use the nursery for.

I know from previous posts that they ration the amount of time each guest can use the nursery by the amount of kids on board in that age range. My cruise looked to be very full, and my worry is that we will only get 7 hours or so, which doesn't really give us a lot of vacation time.

My son- 12 just got off the Allure. He said that he hated it. It was way to big. Complained there was not that much to do.

ETA: I can't wait to hear the stories from the family he traveled with. They are coming over for New Years.

As the parent of a just turned 15 yo (daughter in my case) it is all about the other kids at that age. He is at the break point for the club (12 -14) which can make a very big difference if the majority are tending older or those active are of the opposite gender. Also at that age, the activities seem much less organized and the club is more of a meeting/hang-out place. Sounds like the friend had a different definition of a good time on the cruise. Also, if friends parents did not sense the issue (my experience is kids that age don't speak-up to friends parents) they could not encourage other activities.

The movies being shown and mini-golf probably did not appeal to him. The arcade costs money and probably is not as good as the WII (based on the RCCL ships I have sailed). Sounds like he did not have "friends" for the pool.

Archived