Rotterdam AFT Cabins - Balcony Questions

rich_cathybrock

We are two couples on the Rotterdam in September in adjoining aft cabins 7070 and 7072. Two questions for our fellow CCers who have sailed on her since her "aft-lit":

Can the roughly 10 x 10 size-balcony accommodate dinner for four, and can dinner even be ordered for balcony service in these cabins, which are A category? We were spoiled rottern on the NA and Zuidy in SA suites, and we were just wondering if this could be done in this category (even if it is for a fee).

Is there a partition between the two terraces which can be opened up to allow us to share a larger balcony between the two of us?

Thanks all in advance for any help.

Can help a little.

It is a small door near the railing that can be opened between the balconies. -- Just for walking from one balcony to another.

Yes -- you can order anything off the main dining room menu -- just order within one hour of the dining room opening -- select any time you wish to dine. The menu is posted outside the main dining room starting around lunch time.

With that size of a balcony you will have one lounge chair, one regular chair and a very small cocktail table. Not really large enough for the 4 of you to have dinner out there.

I really appreciate it. Good to know that at least there is a door between the two terraces back there. I realize the small table is not going to accommodate a dinner for four - I was wondering if HAL would bring dinner on a rolling table with a cloth as they did for us on the Zuiderdam or not. Would you have any idea whether that is strictly a suite perk?

Not certain about the rolling table -- very people have ever gotten it -- sail7seas was always able to get it for their in-room breakfasts on the Maasdam. One time when we were on the Maasdam we got to know the people in the suite next to ours -- they wanted their breakfasts delivered on that rolling table -- never happend. They asked us about it -- I told them that maybe there is only a couple of them per ship. I haven't seen them since 2007 on any ship.

But most people I have talked to -- just got their meals delivered on a big tray that was set down on the coffee table in the cabin.

We have up ordering meals for the cabin years ago as they never arrived on time or not at all or food was cold.

Archived