New movie, “Zoey’s Secret” shot onboard Golden Princess

pberk

This little story video was done onboard the Golden Princess. I did all the shooting on days at sea and most of the editing while still onboard. It was fun and a change of pace from doing “trip video” of our journeys. It’s only 5 min.

Although I was expecting to see your typical cruise video about the Golden Princess, I do have to say that I enjoyed it. Very amusing and mysterious :)

Thanks. It was fun. Being at sea in the lap of luxury is always good for my creative juices -- and all other juices.

Paul - really enjoyed the video! I thought it was great that you "pushed the envelope" to produce a mini-drama! Your acting is good also!

I liked the effect of yourself in the same scene. How did you do it? Also, who did the video recording?

I was amazed at how the video came across. Definitely different than a typical travel video.

Looking forward to more of your movies!

Marty

Paul - really enjoyed the video! I thought it was great that you "pushed the envelope" to produce a mini-drama! Your acting is good also!

I liked the effect of yourself in the same scene. How did you do it? Also, who did the video recording?

I was amazed at how the video came across. Definitely different than a typical travel video.

Looking forward to more of your movies!

Marty

Marty --- The "cloning" effect is relatively easy. It was a bit problematic on the ship as the ship MOVES and to make the effect work you need a locked off camera so things will "register exactly". The idea is to shoot the scene twice and then use a simple "mask" to lay one image over the other. This is done in the editing. As special effects go, this is an easy one as long as actors don't cross in front of each other or shake hands or something.

I did all the shooting myself. One man Band. Just used a tripod, started the camera and got in front of it. I did many takes. Couldn't remember my lines. There was a bit of trial and error but the video camera has a flip out lcd that can be turned around to face front. This helped. All the dialog was "looped" later (again this is done in the editing software with a microphone hooked up). Sound is always a huge problem, especially on a ship.

It was fun. I did the shooting over a 2 day period while at sea. Skywalker's made a great stage and no one bothered me. People must have thought I was crazy !! .. Thanks for the nice comments.

• 2 weeks later...

right?

very hegelian.."... hegel developed a concept of mind or spirit that manifested itself in a set of contradictions and oppositions that it ultimately integrated and united, without eliminating either pole or reducing one to the other. Examples of such contradictions include those between nature and freedom, and between immanence and transcendence....

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived