What are YOUR Countdown Milestones?

Ithocles

We're at 32 days until our next cruise aboard ,,,,,,well,,,,,Carnival owns 'em,,,,,,,Ruby Princess. ;) Our last cruise, last month aboard "Miracle" wasn't up to par, so I decided it was time to do something else for a change. I'll no doubt go back to Carnival soon, but not with CD, Malcolm Burn. :mad:

"SKY"

So many ways to countdown, so many ways to think about our next cruise......100 days is a milestone, then double digits, or saying 'next month'.....even better 'THIS month'. The most exciting is when we are down to less than a month.......X amount of work days, X amount of days to pack...then saying 'THIS week' and doing the single digit dance. :D But I never obsess about out next cruise.....LOL.....yeah right!!! :rolleyes:

As a Nurse, I work every other weekend. If on our weekend, we agree to work our shift and then the one following it (in my case evening shift and midnight shift), they give us one extra vacation day for the weekend, besides the pay.

My milestone is always when I have 4 more of these swap weekends to do before we cruise (equals about 8 weeks)

.....Plus, less than 100 days and less than 30 days on my countdown clock also gets my attention.

Depending on how far out my next cruise is I usually start at 80 days. I then halve the time and look forward to the countdown being 40 days. Then I go to 20 days, etc... I realized that 20 days is when things start to go real fast and I have to get it in gear. I also love when we are leaving a few days before the cruise so the countdown in my signature is actually "misleading". Our next cruise is an Eastern Med cruise on the NCL Jade on January 23rd, but we are flying to Barcelona on the 20th. I like having the countdown to leaving being shorter then the countdown in my signature. This is our first time to Europe so we are just a little bit excited. Not to mention the fact that I booked this cruise well over a year ago!

At the start of it, I tend to count major holidays, like only 1 more Thanksgiving before we cruise, etc. Then it goes to random months, as in, only 15 more months. When we hit the 1 year mark, that's a big one!

Then when we get to only 6 months left, that's another excitement. Final payment is another day that makes me realize my trip is getting closer. And then, one month to go. After that, I'm so excited that time just crawls on by.

I count haircuts. I get a haircut the first full week of each month. I've got 3 more haircuts until our "Legend"ary cruise to the Western Caribbean, and 16 more haircuts until our just-booked Panama Canal cruise (which sounds WAY better than 473 days, hehe). :)

Hours baby....HOURS!! :D

I usually start by counting down Mondays (taken from another CC'r ) Then the number of days I need to wake up and go to work, but I'm past all of that now!

I just zipped up my suitcase and will be catching my flight in 3 hours!!

Hours baby....HOURS!! :D

I usually start by counting down Mondays (taken from another CC'r ) Then the number of days I need to wake up and go to work, but I'm past all of that now!

I just zipped up my suitcase and will be catching my flight in 3 hours!!

So today is my last day in the double digits....another milestone I mark!!! WOO HOOO!!!!:D

Our first cruise we booked over 200 days out. I almost came unglued! :eek:

Now we usually book 2-3 months ahead.

I get excited when I go shopping and buy milk and the expiration date is a date we are on board! Then I know it's close!:D

Archived