Just off the Radiance.....hmmmmm

sheilb4

Just off last week, so thought I would write a review for those upcoming cruisers...enjoy, and feel free to ask any questions... :)

This was my first back to back as I got a really good deal on the 2nd cruise, and wanted to take advantage of the Diamonds in December..

Embarkation was a breeze..very efficient, but boy was it cold! a first for me sailing out of Florida many times....

Met up with the Cruise Critic bunch that was organised by Deb and her hubby...very nice event, and met some nice folks....

Overall I shouldn't complain too much as I was on a cruise and not at work, but....gotta critique some of the "experiences"

Lovely ship, easy to navigate, tho smaller than other ships I have been on, but it was ok. I had an aft balcony so loved the wake view, and a decent sized balcony.., but like other posters, the smokers on the balcony and that smoke in their cabin next to you... not good! prevented you from enjoying sitting out and trying to breathe in that lovely fresh sea air!! NOT! and the smoke also came thru into my cabin, disgusting. Would like to suggest that RCCL consider having certain locations for cabins, when we pay the extra to enjoy a balcony...ok, nuff about that... lol

Cabin Steward, saw him several times on the first cruise 12/11-12/16, and he was very attentive. The 2nd cruise 12/16-12/20..never even met him, he never introduced himself nor even made any towel animals...not impressed.

Yes, I now know what other cruisers mean about the small bathroom....smallest I have ever experienced...but the shower as small as it was, did have great water pressure. No plumbing issues or bad smells....

Dining Room -first leg of cruise, VERY disappointing experience, being a single cruiser, if I am not assigned to a table with other singles, at least put me with a similar age group, or else a table for 2. I was originally assigned to a table for 10, all couples and all >70yrs....(no disrespect intended)so I asked for a smaller table..I was put at a table for 8, but just me alone..should have kept my mouth shut huh! LOL, very embarrassing and awkward, so I did not go to dinner but twice on the first cruise...

2nd cruise, again at a table with all couples, very awkward as they don't want to speak to a single traveller methinks... I did try! fortunately one of the couples I met with the CC group were on the back to back and kindly invited me to their table so that was very pleasant. Hello dear Poppi and family...:)

Food - Sadly the food did not live up to my expectations.I think everything had garlic in it, which I hate, but the quality and choices were dreadful. Even the Windjammer had minimal selections...Not impressed and probably the worst overall food experience.

Entertainment - mediocre, went to all the shows, just average..I did like the Stardust club but after an hour or so it was very smokey, so prevented me from enjoying it or staying there..

The Diamond events were pleasant, nice to get a selection of drinks and snacks. Also the nightly Diamond lounge....Tho I did think the location was too large making it less intimate, and unless I was sitting with some new friends which was only on 4 of the 8 nights, I felt awkward. The service was a little slow too, and not even any music, so will consider to book and take advantage of the Concierge lounge if I can in the future..

Weather was lousy and the worst I have had, but again, I wasn't at work...got to read quite a bit, and relax so that was ok....

Overall it was an "average" cruise, RCCL seriously need to consider the quality and choices of food....can't say the staff were the happiest or friendliest I have encountered either....

May still do a short trip on her as it is convenient for a short break, or on the Jewel that comes to Tampa in April, but will be on Freedom next year..tho prob not in december!

I do have a short cruise this w/end, but more for the social interaction of New years Eve....dunno how the weather will be....:)

I appreciate your review! We leave in the morning for Tampa and board Radiance Wednesday for our first NYE cruise and first as Diamond. We know it will be cooler and have packed accordingly-but it is better than what we have here, which is snow:)

Have fun on your NYE cruise!

thanks for the short review and i wish you an enjoyable NYE cruise...

as a first time diamond cruiser on the jewel in a few weeks and a previous radiance sailor...

i would like to know how many diamond events were held and where?

where were the nightly events?...was there a D/D+ breakfast area?

thanks

Thanks for the review. I will be on the Monarch New Year's Eve also. I will be going on the Radiance on Jan. 13th. I was blessed by the upgrade fairy. I booked a guarantee balcony and got upgraded to a GS. I am so excited.

Didn't see you on the list for the M&M for 12/31. We are going to meet in the Schooner Bar around 3-3:15 by the piano. Join us!

I cruise with a cruise partner, but he does his thing and I do mine. So, basically I am a solo cruiser.

terri

thanks for the short review and i wish you an enjoyable NYE cruise...

as a first time diamond cruiser on the jewel in a few weeks and a previous radiance sailor...

i would like to know how many diamond events were held and where? The welcome back/return cruisers was once during the 5 day and was held in the Colony Club.

where were the nightly events?...In the StarQuest disco area(Viking Crown lounge)..best seat/view in the house! but too large to be intimate really...tho a lot of diamond cruisers for the Diamonds in December promo....was there a D/D+ breakfast area? Yes, on deck 4, port side I think it was... go on the last day for breakfast as its all chocolate, tho I missed it, I heard it was good!

thanks

Hope this helps... :)

Thanks for the review. I will be on the Monarch New Year's Eve also. I will be going on the Radiance on Jan. 13th. I was blessed by the upgrade fairy. I booked a guarantee balcony and got upgraded to a GS. I am so excited.

Didn't see you on the list for the M&M for 12/31. We are going to meet in the Schooner Bar around 3-3:15 by the piano. Join us!

I cruise with a cruise partner, but he does his thing and I do mine. So, basically I am a solo cruiser.

terri

I will check out the M&M, and will see you all there....yup, me too, solo cruiser....tho its kewl that you have a cruise partner to share with, sure helps with saving $...

Archived