EPIC Poll - Would you sail again?

scfa99

Tom-N-Cheryl, the ice bar was a hoot!! We were dressed warm, but we only stayed 30-35 min. People kept coming in and out. Unless it was very busy, I don't think they'd kick you out. Please wear socks, sneaks, long pants, and a sweater or sweatshirt. I couldn't believe the people who had on shorts ,sandals or high heels. They were complaining it was soooo cold---well, yah, people it's an ice bar and they tell you outright it's 17 degrees inside there!! Bring your camera in--a few people didn't and they were upset. We had no problem taking tons of pictures. The drinks were great. Along with BMG, the ice bar was tops on my list.:D

Thanks!

brrrrrr

Tom

I did back to back for Christmas and New Years and loved it. Will definitely go back so I am a 4.

For me one of the best considerations is the Studio I really only want to pay for myself and that is what I can do with the Studio. There is a rumor that other lines are thinking of incorporating the "Studio" idea I will wait and see.

In my opinion you can only be bored on this ship by choice because there is so much going on.

I would say between a 3 and 4...I loved our Cruise and I would definitely do the Epic again. I loved the Western Caribbean but unfortunately they are not doing it anymore. If it was not for the fact that airfare would cost us 3 times what the cruise would cost us, we would be doing the Mediterranean this summer.

For everyone that has sailed on the EPIC I'd like to know what category you fall under:

1) Never again - I regret sailing her in the first place.

2) One & Done - I enjoyed our EPIC cruise however I would not sail again.

3) Depends - Enjoyed our cruise and would sail again depending on itinerary.

4) Absolutely - Loved the EPIC and would sail again regardless of itinerary.

4 for me

Just returned from the January 1, 2011 Epic cruise.

We won't be returning to the Epic.

It's not for cruisers like me.

I was disappointed with a couple of things in particular:

The "library" is a tiny collection behind the shoe rental desk next to the bowling lanes and it is IN THE BLISS BAR! I always use the libraries on other cruise ships.

The walking deck is horrible. I always enjoy walking laps on the promenade decks of other cruise ships. The Epic has one side of the ship available for both walkers and runners. People go back and forth on a narrow path.

It is dreadful. There are vents overhead so users are exposed to warm, humid air and cooking fumes. You cannot see the scenery. There are lifeboats blocking the view for most of the way. There is just a small section where it's possible to see the ocean and breathe fresh air instead of the smelly hot air coming out of the vents.

We have booked 2 more cruises for 2011...both are with Princess.

I wanted to warn others who like to sit on the promenade decks of cruise ships and read or just enjoy the scenery and fresh air, the Epic is not for you.

If you like to read, be sure to bring your own books. The library on the Epic is a joke.

4. We sailed her in Sept 2010 and are going back April 30th! Cant wait to go back and try all the things we didnt have a chance to. Plus we cant wait to go back and see Blue Man group, howl at the moom, Second city (r rated show..it was just better) legends....plus we want to try and top how many times we did the epic plunge..by the time the cruise was over we had gone down the slide over 50 times!! Cant wait to go back!

We loved the food as well..and the fact that people actually dress for dinner as we do! So nice!!

For everyone that has sailed on the EPIC I'd like to know what category you fall under:

1) Never again - I regret sailing her in the first place.

2) One & Done - I enjoyed our EPIC cruise however I would not sail again.

3) Depends - Enjoyed our cruise and would sail again depending on itinerary.

4) Absolutely - Loved the EPIC and would sail again regardless of itinerary.

2 : I did enjoy the cruise, but the design of the ship,IMO, left much to be desired. I did speak to one of the staff and they stated that an extra deck was squeezed in. (If you wondered why the ceiling was so low at the guest services area, that's the reason) Balcony cabin was incredibly small as was the bed. I'm 6'-2" and I had to tuck my feet in so the DW could go by on her way to the bathroom (bed by balcony)

In my opinion, they crammed as much as they could into this ship.

Archived