Celebrity Solstice or Ruby Princess

JIMDSB2

Ruby last year...Equinox this.

Both stunning ships...with Equinox being the nicest looking vessel we've sailed on....it had an older crowd and (very) relaxed but sophisticated atmosphere...stateroom was compact with not a lot of storage space but great bathroom and really good in-room movie/entertainment.....we were AQC so enjoyed the little extras..

Ruby Princess was a livelier ship...with a wider variety of entertainment...great pool areas...adults only pools and quiet lounging areas all over the sun deck...and we really enjoyed the Movies Under The Stars with the BIG boxes of popcorn :cool: .....stateroom was was much, much bigger than X .....ton of storage and decent bathroom/veranda

as for food - We loved dining in Blu and Murano....but I felt that overall the standard was higher on the Ruby...the buffet was certainly in a different league to the Equinox (couldn't believe the inedible powdered mashed potato at the lunch buffet! yuuchh)

Both great cruises....cant go wrong on either.....the itinerary would decide it for me

I have put the question on both boards and am surprised by the responses. For the most part, the Princess board seems to be leaning to the Solstice and the Celebrity board seems to be leaning toward the Ruby:eek:.

Who'd have guessed:confused:.

That looks like a tough decision. Both itineraries look nice. I like sea days and the Solstice has more sea days, but I haven't been to Turks and Caicos yet and Ruby stops there. I have been on the Emerald, sister to Ruby, and really enjoyed the ship and crew. I haven't tried an S-class yet but have heard so many good things that I want to fit a cruise on an S-class in the schedule soon. One thing that gives Celebrity an edge for me is the drink package, we tried it on the Century a couple weeks ago and it's nice to not be surpirised by that bill at the end of the cruise.

Have you researched the type of stateroom you would like and then checked for price and availability, that might help to pick which ship.

Beth

I sailed on the Solstice and loved the ship in Nov. I have sailed Celebrity many times and have enjoyed the cruises. I did book the Ruby for Nov 2011 as there was nothing that Celebrity had to offer at the right time and the duration of the cruise. I will be anxious to see how I like it. I tried Royal and did not care for it. It might have just been that particular cruise though as people do enjoy Royal.

We have sailed on Solstice (and Eclipse) and Emerald and find the X Solstice class ships to be remarkable. We enjoyed Emerald but not to the same extent as Solstice and Eclipse. We find the food and bars to be superior on Celebrity but the Princess ships are normally more lively at night.

That being said, we are sailing Ruby in April.

Neither of these options will disappoint you.

We had the same decision to make for our first ever cruise this April 2011. I asked this same question earlier and the majority of the CC's responses gave Celebrity Solstice the edge over Ruby Princess. We ending up booking the Soltice. I am so looking forward to our cruise.

I've been on them both but it's impossible to say which one is better because both ships thrive in different ways.

Solstice is a very hip ship with great food but shuts down after 10:00pm. I must say it was a little too boring for us.

Ruby has a better vibe, more entertainment options and has better/more pools.

Food wise it might go to Solstice.........but only by a hair.

I have the exact same decision to make. Two other couples are coming with us next time and one of them has finally agreed to go on a cruise after years of persuading. Since we like to travel together and we love cruising, this has to be a good experience. I'm going on the Crown in 2 weeks and then the Equinox so hopefully that will give me some perspective.

Archived