Fantasy Class and stabilizers

bigtoeswim'n

Yep... sure does. The stabilizers are located forward in the hull and respond to roll, not pitch. So, in rough seas the tendency to roll port or starboard is reduced, not eliminated but reduced. There is no mechanism to reduce or eliminate pitching... the bow and stern of the ship going up and down...

:)

Yep... sure does. The stabilizers are located forward in the hull and respond to roll, not pitch. So, in rough seas the tendency to roll port or starboard is reduced, not eliminated but reduced. There is no mechanism to reduce or eliminate pitching... the bow and stern of the ship going up and down...

The smaller class ship " Fantasy class "will not take to the seas like a larger ships will. You get a rougher ride :rolleyes:

Did I say anything that indicated otherwise??

;)

Easy there Mach.....

You both gave good answers. As previously noted yours was very explanatory(the pilot thing) and Bo' just added something to the reply, IMO! ;)

I was on the same sailing as OP. It was rather rough that day. Not as bad as the return from Coz in March!, but rough!

Easy there Mach.....

You both gave good answers. As previously noted yours was very explanatory(the pilot thing) and Bo' just added something to the reply, IMO! ;)

I was on the same sailing as OP. It was rather rough that day. Not as bad as the return from Coz in March!, but rough!

Really, it's not an issue. The OP asked about stabilizers on the smaller ships and I responded to that question.

The OP also mentioned that they had rough seas and I wanted to make the distinction between roll, which can be controlled, and pitch, over which there is little control.

Ah yes .. pitch is what Crazies had on Conquest last time. PITCH.. have to remember that word. Up up up .. and bam!!!! down a foot. It was so funny walking around and where you thought the floor was moved before you put down your foot.

Ah yes .. pitch is what Crazies had on Conquest last time. PITCH.. have to remember that word. Up up up .. and bam!!!! down a foot. It was so funny walking around and where you thought the floor was moved before you put down your foot.

Yep... you're exactly right... We had LOTS of pitch, didn't we?

Ok.....so I have cruised on the Triumph, Victory, Miracle and Disney's Wonder.

Sailing on the Sensation in April....with the same seas....will I feel a lot more.

Never needed a patch or anything.....Is it a lot different on the Sensation....or do you think if i have been fine in the past...I will be ok?

Thanks

kerri

Sailing on the Sensation in April....with the same seas....will I feel a lot more.

Never needed a patch or anything.....Is it a lot different on the Sensation....or do you think if i have been fine in the past...I will be ok?

Thanks

kerri

You should be fine, Kerri...

There is a bit more motion on a smaller ship but small is a relative term. The Sensation is 77,000 tons. The Queen Elizabeth 2, one of the best known ocean liners of all time, was only 70,000 tons...

I've sailed on Carnival's largest, newest ship and Carnival's oldest, smallest and have not had any problems...

Thanks

kerri

It's about the same size as the Wonder and the Magic. Should feel about the same.

The smaller class ship " Fantasy class "will not take to the seas like a larger ships will. You get a rougher ride :rolleyes:

Sorry but I disagree with you. The bigger the ship the more the wind bothers it and the rougher the ride. Best ride I have ever had are on some small lines.

All technicalities aside.... The simple truth is, I get sick on Fantasy class ships EVERY TIME and never have a problem on bigger ships. The smaller ships have a different type of movement that my stomach can't handle. Don't know what causes it, but I'm positive it is different. This comes from my experience on the Fantasy once and Ecstasy twice, in moderately rough seas. I've been on Conquest and Triumph in some pretty rough 15' seas with no problem. I will say that all 3 experiences on the Fantasy & Ecstasy were before those ships had their last dry dock. So I don't know if they made any changes to them (that would affect the way they ride) during that or not.

Archived