Shopping with the chef

Capri73

We would love to go shopping with the chef on our upcoming cruise this summer.

How do we go about doing it?Do we need to request before the cruise or on board?

Thank you and Happy New Year to all.:)

Simply let reception know that you would like to participate upon boarding. I've gone shopping with the chef several times in the med.

Host Dan

I have been shopping with the Chef five times and would definitely suggest you sign up. Usually it fills up before any announcement is made so I strongly suggest you go to reception as soon as you board and sign up. They don't do it on every itinerary so likely you will not know until you board the ship and ask at reception. When we were on the Costa Rican/Panama Canal cruise we shopped with the chef in Old Town Panama City( not my favorite market). On our recent trip we went with the chef in Livorno and not only was it a great market but because so many passengers were on trips to Florence we had a nice small group. The Maitre d' ( Warren)came with us to help the chef lug food back to the ship( they gave the kitchen guys who usually do this the morning off) . Anyway, we knew him quite well from previous trips and when he and my husband walked by a table with a large display of squash blossoms my husband told him how I love to fill them with herbed goat cheese, put them in a tempura batter and deep fry them. Thay night we were given a special surprise course at dinner -- stuffed squash blossoms. All of the people at table around us kept asking us where they were on the menu!So in our final port I went to the market in Nice and bought a squash blossom and presented it to the maitre d for his lapel at dinner on our final night. Enjoy!

Archived