Room air freshner

tarheelmjfan

What type of air freshner do you use in your cabin? I always burn candles in my home, which I know isn't allowed in the cabins. We are flying, which I'm assuming may be a problem with an aerosol. (If they limit the amount of aerosol you can take, I'm going with hairspray. :p ) I know there's plug-ins, but I don't know if the ship considers these a fire hazard or not. What's left? :confused: TIA :)

They have those new air freshners that are small like plug ins, but are battery operated(and comes with the batterys). Glade make one, and so does Oust. I bought the Glade Fan for our upcoming cruise. Never would have thought of this until CC. Great idea, since I love them at home.

Jessica;)

Thanks all! :) I'll look for the battery operated kind, just in case Celebrity has a problem with the plug-in. I always take a candle when we go anywhere. I'm so used to them in my home, that it doesn't seem right to walk into a room & not be met with the nice fragrance. :p Thanks for the alternative suggestions. :)

Just returned last week from cruise. I took the battery operated one also. It's nice that you can put it anywhere you like in the cabin - unlike ones that must be plugged in. REMEMBER to save the top to the fragrance bottle so you can replace it and bring freshner back home. I'd put it in a freezer ziplock bag too.

If you really enjoy your candles and want to drag them along on your cruise, craft stores now sell an inexpensive electric warmer for candles. It looks like a small hot plate for a coffee pot. You plug it in, set the candle on top and as the candle warms and melts, it gives off the fragrance. The wick is never lit. I found them in the candle section of our local craft store but I have never used one. I believe they were $8.00

Just off the Radiance....we took a small bottle of air freshener, it is made by GLADE and is the Pot Pourri fragrance of Country Berries. What is really neat about this product is the size....it's TINY! It's a concentrate so one spray will do. I found this in Canada at Shoppers Drug Mart, but I am quite sure Walmart or Walgreens in the U.S must also carry it. I would consider this product purse size...that's how small it is! :rolleyes:

If you really enjoy your candles and want to drag them along on your cruise, craft stores now sell an inexpensive electric warmer for candles. It looks like a small hot plate for a coffee pot. You plug it in, set the candle on top and as the candle warms and melts, it gives off the fragrance. The wick is never lit. I found them in the candle section of our local craft store but I have never used one. I believe they were $8.00

Even though the candle will never be lit, your cabin steward will probably not understand this, just see a candle, and remove it from the cabin. There's no reason to ever take a candle on a cruise.:rolleyes:

Archived