Reduced Deposit

sirdavid

It allows you to reserve a cruise for half what it normally would cost. If the normal deposit is $500 then it would be $250. It doesn't affect the total for the cruise.

So what's the big deal? You're still paying wether it is at the front end or the back end. I'd rather get a better deal on the price of the cruise overall. ;)

So what's the big deal? You're still paying wether it is at the front end or the back end. I'd rather get a better deal on the price of the cruise overall. ;)

True, but for many it is easier to come up with half. I could have come up with $200 to reserve our Sun cruise but it was easier to only have to come up with $100, especially with all of the other Christmas presents I was buying. (And many times when they have the reduced deposit they also offer upgrades or OBC.)

Depends on the length of the cruise. For the shorter cruises, the deposit is typically $100 pp and for the 7 day cruises, $250 pp. When they have the reduced deposit promotion, you only pay half of the regular deposit. In the end, the cost of the cruise is the same but you pay a little less up front.

Archived