Labadee/zip line/bum shoulder

jrkfrk

I've watched movie clips of the Laadee zip line ad naseum, and cannot tell if one uses arms to stop or control speed in any way. I would love to go on the line, but my shoulder (rotater cuff) is slightly torn, and I don't want to make it any worse if possible. Any thoughts? Also are close toed shoes required? I noticed that everyone seems to be wearing them on the clips I have seen.

Thanks for any advice!

frk

My first post was lost in cyber space, so lets try again.

We enjoyed doing the zip line in Labadee.

First of all we saw people wearing anything on there feet from flip flops, to sneakers, we wore water shoes.

The videos on You tube do not reflect the true "touchdown" on the zip line. When you hit the springs on your safety suite, you do feel a little bit of recoil. I felt it in my left shoulder. My husband and daughter did not experience this. My shoulder caught my attention, but, did not have to take any pain meds or anything, and I was able to enjoy the rest of the cruise all activities with no problem.

We also did the zip line in Jamaica, and had the time of our lives. They have shorter runs, thru the canopy trees, and there were 5 guides in our group of about 25 people. After treking through the terain, we had the time of our lives. The are definitely unique, and we enjoyed everyone of them. The last one is long, but, had a smoother stop.

Safe travels.

• 2 weeks later...
My first post was lost in cyber space, so lets try again.

We enjoyed doing the zip line in Labadee.

First of all we saw people wearing anything on there feet from flip flops, to sneakers, we wore water shoes.

The videos on You tube do not reflect the true "touchdown" on the zip line. When you hit the springs on your safety suite, you do feel a little bit of recoil. I felt it in my left shoulder. My husband and daughter did not experience this. My shoulder caught my attention, but, did not have to take any pain meds or anything, and I was able to enjoy the rest of the cruise all activities with no problem.

We also did the zip line in Jamaica, and had the time of our lives. They have shorter runs, thru the canopy trees, and there were 5 guides in our group of about 25 people. After treking through the terain, we had the time of our lives. The are definitely unique, and we enjoyed everyone of them. The last one is long, but, had a smoother stop.

Safe travels.

We are trying to decide Jamaica or Labadee. How hard was it to get to the platform prior to ziplining and could an elderly man who is insisting on doing this do it? Which place would you recommend?

We did the Labadee zipline, and at the very end, after coming to a stop, you have to grab a bar above you and lift up your weight for a few seconds while you are unhooked. Its not a big deal, but I do not have great arm strength, so it was a little difficult for me. I'm not sure if this would hurt your shoulder worse or not, but it's worth considering. As far as the actual zipline itself, It wasn't bad at all to me. Good luck and have fun :)

Archived