Downtown or Beach

charmee

You can always go to Miami as well. There are some nice hotels that provide a cruise service. They pick you up from FLL take to the hotel and then take you to the port in Miami or Fort Lauderdale for free. Might save you some bucks.

Have a great time :)

Smart-Travelers

http://www.*****

I say this with respect to everyone, but I am adamant I am right as a forer resident of Ft L.

WRONG WRONG WRONG!

You need to stay on Hollywood beach. You can find a hotel there on hotwire.com for very little. I stayed at the Ft Lauderdael Holiday Inn through HW for $65 a night!

Hollwood beach is amazing and if you are there for three days I promise you'll never forget it. There are restaurants, bars, beach, and so much. Google it!

I couldn't AGREE more!!! We discovered Hollywood a few years ago. We had enough airline miles to get us 3 nights pre, and 2 nights post cruise at the Marriott, which was nice, but not what we want while at the beach. While staying there, we wandered the broadwalk(not boardwalk) and found a number of beachfront motels that looked interesting. We took pictures of them, did a search on all of them, and found one, The Sea Downs, that piqued our interest. We ended up staying there for a week the following year and just loved it. Hollywood is minutes from FLL and the port, and there's tons to do. I would highly recommend staying there!

My favorite place to stay in Fort Lauderdale is the Marriott Beach Place Towers. It's actually part of marriott's vacation club but they use it as a full service hotel too. It's right on A1A, sits on top of a pretty cool out door shopping center, and is right across the street from the beach. :)

Archived