Belize Cavetubing in February a bust?

ddy123

Happy New Year! I will also post on the Ports of Call board but I don't seem to get as much response over there.

We will be in Belize in February and really like the idea of cavetubing but do you think it is worth it in February? I've read that it can be just ok unless it is the rainy season. What do you all think? Worth doing in February? Thanks so much and hope you had fun ringing in the New Year!:)

Happy New Year! I will also post on the Ports of Call board but I don't seem to get as much response over there.

We will be in Belize in February and really like the idea of cavetubing but do you think it is worth it in February? I've read that it can be just ok unless it is the rainy season. What do you all think? Worth doing in February? Thanks so much and hope you had fun ringing in the New Year!:)

Rainy season it can get dangerous and they close it, February should be fine

I was there last year at the end of February. The experience was just OK because there was really not much water and we always need to row (and keep up our bottom) to be able to float.

I don't think I would redo this excursion.

• 1 month later...

A follow up to my previous post...just returned from a trip to Belize and we did cave tubing with the resort we were at. The water was shallow and about three times we had to get out and walk with our tubes about 10 feet. It was still a good time though.

Just an FYI, various companies do things differently. We got to free float, but we saw lots of others that had their tubes tied together and were being dragged down the river by their guide. Be sure to check on how the company you book with handles things so you know you are getting the experience you want. :)

Just an FYI, various companies do things differently. We got to free float, but we saw lots of others that had their tubes tied together and were being dragged down the river by their guide. Be sure to check on how the company you book with handles things so you know you are getting the experience you want. :)

Thanks for the update, Joyride! Could you please tell us all what company you booked with? Thx!

Go with Major Tom. His site is cave-tubing dot net (NOT dot com!).

Despite one rather slanderous post on this board that I already posted a serious disagreement with, Tom and his crew are extremely good and they won't have you shouting in the caves (which is dangerous) like another operator I could mention.

Hit the website, make sure you read the FAQs to get a good idea about the humor they have. You'll be rolling with laughter.

I'm headed back there next year for another run with them.

Archived