All Things PRIDE!!

rrraydon

Just snagged an 8th floor Vista Suite aft wrap on 1/26/14

Who is the CD?

What are the shows?

Love to dance, what about the music ?............love oldies and motown

Have cruised many times from Baltimore and most hotels offer Drive/Park/Cruise with free shuttle to pier. We only live an hour from the port, in Delaware and it is usually cheaper to get a room and park there, we have had no problems and your vacation starts a day sooner. While in Balt you out of staters MUST have a Maryland Crab Cake, walk the Inner Harbor and see the Aquarium.

Yes, it will be chilly on deck the first and last day sea days. It can snow, or be in the 60's, we have crazy weather here on the mid east coast in winter.

We have never sailed the Pride, but just got off her sister, the Legend. Can answer any questions about the Spirit class and anything about the Port of Baltimore. cruisemaryland.com

The Pride has Japanese food. It is very good. One of my favorite places to eat. Not sure if it's what you mean though.

Mongolian Wok is a staion set up on the lido that prepares your sauted vegetables and meats on the spot. They have a section set up with bowls of fresh vegetables and different types of noodles to select from. You fill your bowl with the ingredients you want them to saute, select which meats you would like (chicken, pork, beef, seafood, each day is a different selection) and which sauce (thai bbq, black bean or

szechuan). The chefs saute them for you and hand you your bowl back. It is awesome!! But, sadly, the Pride does not have the mongolian grill station. :(

We have never sailed the Pride, but just got off her sister, the Legend. Can answer any questions about the Spirit class and anything about the Port of Baltimore. cruisemaryland.com

24 days until our first time on the pride.

Ocean dancer what hotels near the port do you suggest? We have never been to Baltimore so I don't know the good areas from the bad. I'm just a little worried about leaving my car someplace for a week that I know nothing about. Also do you have a place you like best for the crab cakes? That's a must for us as it is my DW favorite food.

24 days until our first time on the pride.

Ocean dancer what hotels near the port do you suggest? We have never been to Baltimore so I don't know the good areas from the bad. I'm just a little worried about leaving my car someplace for a week that I know nothing about. Also do you have a place you like best for the crab cakes? That's a must for us as it is my DW favorite food.

Maryland Crab Cakes are the BEST - I lived in MD/DE for a few years and boy do I miss them!!!

We are staying at the Holiday Inn on Russell Street - our rate was $139 for one night, breakfast and shuttle service to/from the Port. I booked thru stay123.com

Just snagged an 8th floor Vista Suite aft wrap on 1/26/14

Who is the CD?

What are the shows?

Love to dance, what about the music ?............love oldies and motown

Have cruised many times from Baltimore and most hotels offer Drive/Park/Cruise with free shuttle to pier. We only live an hour from the port, in Delaware and it is usually cheaper to get a room and park there, we have had no problems and your vacation starts a day sooner. While in Balt you out of staters MUST have a Maryland Crab Cake, walk the Inner Harbor and see the Aquarium.

Yes, it will be chilly on deck the first and last day sea days. It can snow, or be in the 60's, we have crazy weather here on the mid east coast in winter.

My husband and I also love to dance and enjoy oldies and Motown. We cruised on the Pride the end of August and THE CELEBRATION BAND was in the Starry Nights lounge. They played the music we love to dance to and if we requested something and they didn't know it they learned it for us!!!! I certainly hope they are still on the Pride when you get there.........you will truly enjoy them! They were one of the best bands we have ever heard on a ship!!!! I wish there was a way to find out what bands are on which ship and what type of music they play!!!! Have a great cruise!!!!:)

Maryland Crab Cakes are the BEST - I lived in MD/DE for a few years and boy do I miss them!!!

We are staying at the Holiday Inn on Russell Street - our rate was $139 for one night, breakfast and shuttle service to/from the Port. I booked thru stay123.com

I've stayed there before, I thought it was a nice hotel, and close to the Inner Harbor.

Okay my apologies, looking at a map I think I stayed at a different Holiday Inn, one a little closer to the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards. Though the hotel's website says it's only about a mile from the Inner Harbor. Don't know what the walk looks like.

Okay my apologies, looking at a map I think I stayed at a different Holiday Inn, one a little closer to the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards. Though the hotel's website says it's only about a mile from the Inner Harbor. Don't know what the walk looks like.

Were staying at the holiday inn on Lombard St in Jan - that is close to a lot of things I was told.

To all you crab cake lovers, G & M is the best, but not in the Inner Harbor.

Most Holiday Inns have the stay/park/cruise, ask for the package.

The one on Russel St is not walkable. It is next to the stadium and when we stayed there, a game was going on, we could see part of the end field.........mega traffic, we had to order out but the hotel was nice. There is also a Sleep Inn a few miles away. The Inner Harbor is pricy. We used Stay 123 and called to reserve.

Thank you to who replyed about the music!! Hope it is the same, have to work off the chocolate melting cake!!:D

To all you crab cake lovers, G & M is the best, but not in the Inner Harbor.

Most Holiday Inns have the stay/park/cruise, ask for the package.

The one on Russel St is not walkable. It is next to the stadium and when we stayed there, a game was going on, we could see part of the end field.........mega traffic, we had to order out but the hotel was nice. There is also a Sleep Inn a few miles away. The Inner Harbor is pricy. We used Stay 123 and called to reserve.

Thank you to who replyed about the music!! Hope it is the same, have to work off the chocolate melting cake!!:D

The only issue with G&Ms is that they don't use regular blue crab now. They use blue swimming crab. The lumps of crab are tasteless IMO. Same as Phillips Seafood.

The only issue with G&Ms is that they don't use regular blue crab now. They use blue swimming crab. The lumps of crab are tasteless IMO. Same as Phillips Seafood.

Have not eaten at G & M's for a few years, also Phillips, but Phillips used to make the BEST Crab Imperial ever? Where do you suggest, besides my house?:D Most folks want to stay close to the Inner Harbor.

Anyone who has been on the pride recently- do you remember what getting off in Florida for excursions was like? I'm trying to give someone a rundown of each port but can't remember if there were bag x-rays, drug dogs, or even any security at all when we got off in Florida. I remember them checking our bag through an x-ray and walking through a metal detector on the ship when we got back on but don't remember when we got off if the port did anything and she would like to be able to warn her autistic daughter ahead of time so she will know what to expect at each place.

Anyone who has been on the pride recently- do you remember what getting off in Florida for excursions was like? I'm trying to give someone a rundown of each port but can't remember if there were bag x-rays, drug dogs, or even any security at all when we got off in Florida. I remember them checking our bag through an x-ray and walking through a metal detector on the ship when we got back on but don't remember when we got off if the port did anything and she would like to be able to warn her autistic daughter ahead of time so she will know what to expect at each place.

Leaving the ship it was only putting your sea pass through the reader -

no security until boarding the ship, with the usual X-ray of all your bags and walking through the metal detector.

Leaving the ship it was only putting your sea pass through the reader -

no security until boarding the ship, with the usual X-ray of all your bags and walking through the metal detector.

Thanks! That's what I thought I remembered but I didn't want to tell her that and then have it be a mess when they wanted to search her bag and everything on the way off the ship. Coming back they can talk to her about it and get her ready, maybe even stand and watch, I just knew getting off the ship is usually a little more rushed because people have excursions to get to.